Philips is a multinational company with activities in healthcare, lighting and consumer life style. Philips is a public company listed at the New York and Amsterdam stock exchange. Philips is active in more than 100 countries around the globe. It‘s headquarters are in the Netherlands.
About Philips Africa:
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has presence in seven other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Algiers, Casablanca, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi and Tunis. Philips Africa is definitely one of the growth drivers for Philips.
Why choose Philips:
Modern medical care is increasingly complex and technology-based. The new age of personalized medicine will make it even more so, with sophisticated diagnostic tests and genetic profiling playing an important part in therapy selection as well as diagnosis. In terms of clinical outcome, it’s fantastic news. However, in terms of the patient experience and hospital workload, it means that the process of diagnosis and treatment will become ever more complicated. That’s why Philips Healthcare combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create people-focused ‘healthcare-simplified’ solutions that help to relieve the mental as well as the physical burden of disease.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women’s health, Philips Healthcare operates in the key areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Within these areas it offers unique business propositions that deliver value throughout the cycle of care – from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor’s office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare’s unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making. Want to know more? Take a look at some of Philips Healthcare’s business highlights.
A career at Philips Healthcare won’t see you stuck in an office or laboratory. Our commitment to meeting the needs of patients and clinicians means you’ll be dealing with real people, understanding the way they work, the way they feel and what it takes to improve their daily lives. And because those needs and ways of working are different in different parts of the world, working for Philips Healthcare will give you a unique perspective on the global healthcare industry – a unique opportunity to personalize your career in an era of personalized medicine.
Business Development Manager Solutions (district)
Head of Healthcare Nigeria
Aim of the job:
Philips Healthcare Solutions (PHS) is the business of Philips Healthcare (PH) providing solutions beyond equipment and maintenance. Target segments are strategic customers and large projects. The solutions are built on bundling technology, financing and value added services. In many cases alliances will be formed with third parties. This will require close management of partners and relationships.
We challenge you to join Philips Healthcare as a Business Development Manager (BDM) where you will be responsible for creating new solution business in assigned district and leading the different stages of the sales process. You will act as the commercial owner for assigned deals and will engage the district sales team and Philips Channel Partners to sell world class healthcare solutions.
As a BDM you will engage senior hospital management (CEO, CFO, Head of Clinical Services) and develop relationships with key stakeholders (Government bodies (MoH, MoF, MoE), purchasing agencies, consultants, NGO’s, integrator companies etc) to create sales opportunities.
You will closely collaborate in the acquisition phase with the District Team (District Manager, Key Account Managers (KAM), Account Managers, Indirect Channel Manager etc) and for solution and price related topics with Region Business Managers and the Region Business Development Manager Solutions to support the growth of profitable order intake with selected accounts. If applicable, you will work closely with the I-KAM organization for inbound accounts
Task and responsibilities:
- Define sales strategy and develop, implement and coordinate plan for PHS in the district, related countries and selected accounts in alignment with the District Manager.
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders (Government bodies (Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Education), purchasing agencies, consultants, NGO’s, integrator companies, local and international donors / financing institution etc) to understand health priorities and identify opportunities.
- Engage with senior hospital management levels (CEO, CFO, Head of Clinical Services) and understand customer business model and competitive offering in the market space
- Coordinate with Indirect Channel Manager and Channel Partners where required
- Engage and coordinate with Donor Relationship Manager (EAO, Washington Office etc) and Consultants to build up knowledge base on funding streams and healthcare priorities
- Lead virtual solution teams to secure solution contracts and achieve profitable Order Intake (OIT) growth and sales
- Manage solution sales cycles to secure new business:
- Identify new project opportunities
- Qualify identified leads on win probability and project feasibility to pursue project development
- Develop qualified project leads and shape deals in close cooperation with customer and virtual PH team (KAM, functions, channel partners)
- Ensure that completed quotations are based on a solution / configuration compliant to specifications validated by the Business, and it is properly reviewed by operations (Project Management) for feasibility and accuracy prior to being issued
- Ensure any third party product included in the solution and not part of the catalogue is properly validated for compatibility / compliance of specifications
- Organize & manage negotiations with all involved relations
- Closure of new solution contracts in full alignment with Channel Partners, Indirect Channel Manager, District Manager and/or KAM
- Ensure full information exchange & activity alignment across all team members:
- Manage virtual deal team for specific opportunity
- Liaise with senior management (region, cluster and GSSI)
- Line up partners to support specific projects, develop cooperation strategy and ensure feasible implementation
- Develop and maintain knowledge base of local key stakeholders, donor/ funding institutions and healthcare priorities and align with Market Intelligence region
- Develop and present individual business cases to Cluster or GSSI senior management in case of important Go / No-Go decisions for customer projects
- Responsible for handing over the project to operations and remain commercial owner during entire project delivery phase
- Provide business progress reports to District Manager and Business Development Manager PHS in the region
- Train District Manager, Key Account Management and/ or Indirect Channel Manager/ Channel Partners(“practitioners”) on the solution portfolio and solution
selling in cooperation with Region, Cluster and GSSI
- Follow all relevant business and Q&R policies and procedures and when requested participate in reviews and follow-up actions
- If and when required provide dedicated support for assigned solution deals to ensure timely handover of the signed customer acceptance document and support collecting Accounts Receivable (AR)
Authority to make decisions on all Philips Healthcare Solutions’ activities in the assigned / district / accounts as directed by the Business Development Manager Solutions region and in full alignment with the District Manager within the district strategy and budget.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Reaching agreed milestones in agreed/ assigned projects
- Order intake (OI)
- Order Intake (OI) forecast accuracy
- CRM funnel management Information (accurate & up to date)
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Education & Experience:
- Masters’ degree level education – MBA would be a plus
- Experience with solution sales ( Professional Services, Financial Services or Outsourcing)
- Project finance background
- Experience with Public Private Partnerships
- Project management experience
- Experience with leading a cross functional team within an international matrix organization
- Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language
- Mature Commercial Professional
- Able to act on Board of Management level (BoM)
- Consultative selling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to close large deals independently
- Good understanding of Financing and preferably established network (loan programs, leasing, project finance)
- Expertise on Healthcare
- Understand customer’s business
- Good understanding of Healthcare business fundamentals
- Analytical, conceptual thinker
- Master in Business or MBA education
- Experience in making business plans
- Proven strategic mindset
- Language requirement: fluent in English and/or French depending on assigned district
If you are interested in an array of development and growth opportunities to demonstrate your impact both personally and professionally, come create your legacy!