Family Of Six Killed By Generator Fume

A family of six have lost their lives to generator fumes in Boji Boji Owa community in Ika South LGA of Delta State.


Leadership reports that the incident happened on Friday, June 13 after the the family forgot to put off the generator after watching a football match.

It was reliably gathered that the generator set popularly called “I pass my neighbour” was left working inside their room which later suffocated the victims because their room windows were locked inside, preventing the smoke of the generator from leaving the room.

Recounting what happened, the father of the victims who is a businessman said, they had bought fuel to watch the football match after which he and his wife went to bed, forgetting to put off the generating set.

He said, “The next morning, my daughter who is the younger sister of the victims knocked on the door without anybody opening it. The door was later forced opened where the six family members were found dead.”

Lamenting the loss of his children, the businessman said, out of eight children that his wife bore for him, he is now left with only two.

According to him, they later discovered that the children did not only use it to watch football but to watch Nigerian movie after the football match.

A nurse in the vicinity who pleaded anonymity said she had attempted to administer treatment to the victims but later discovered that they were completely dead.

The police authorities in the area said the deceased had been taken to the hospital mortuary for proper investigation.

Source: Leadership


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here