Comverse is a leading global provider of telecom business solutions that enable communication service provider success in the hyper-connected world through service innovation and smart monetization.
The company provides communication software and associated equipment that handle messaging, billing and accounts, call management, and data delivery services. It also provides related services such as consulting, design implementation, interoperability testing, maintenance, support, and training.
Its services are sold to more than 450 wireline, wireless, and cable network providers in more than 125 countries. Comverse has offices in about 40 countries and generates most of its revenues in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) region. It is the largest subsidiary of Comverse Technology.
Comverse are looking to hire a dynamic and proven Global Account Director for Africa who enjoys the challenge of developing new customer relationships and solving their business problems using the very latest in leading-edge software. You are an expert at assisting Telecommunications Companies and service providers by turning their business challenges and technical requirements into deliverable solutions that monetize and personalize their offerings.
You are a passionate, energetic, driven, intelligent, and innovative sales professional with a proven track record of overachieving sales targets within your territory.
Main areas of responsibility:
- · Build and develop relationships at C level.
- · Develop business strategy for growth, focusing on opening doors, building relationships and establishing core revenue streams, and meeting and exceeding defined targets
- · Grow revenue through renewal of existing contracts, identification of new pipeline opportunities, and sales of incremental added value services
- · Achieve or exceed revenue and margin targets for the region
- · Execute added value campaigns across the customer base e.g upgrades to new product versions
- · Co-operate closely with Business Units, product management , PS delivery and Managed Services teams to ensure customer needs, desires and requirements are clearly understood and addressed
- · Manage contract negotiation
This role can be based in London, Paris, Tel Aviv or Cape Town.
Skills and Experience
- 15 or more years of industry experience selling into the BSS/ VAS/IT Telecoms space
- Expert knowledge of sales cycles, strategies, and methods
- Ability to anticipate how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of products and services;
- Long-term vision of business/technology direction within the telecommunications industry;
- Adviser to customers and Comverse on strategic business and technology plans;
- Effective at exercising power and influence with key decision makers.
- Ability to network at a senior contact level in the Telecommunications industry
- Strong experience of software/solution sales to the Telecommunications industry
- Ability to close large deals
- Ability to maintain relationships
- Ability to work and deal with SI’s
- Results-oriented with a strong performance, cost management and top and bottom line orientation
- Track record of exceeding planned targets.
- Experience of maintaining strong customer relationships especially in support of existing and new products (timely problem resolution, strong customer advocate);
- Strong Business development: able to harness a substantial revenue stream and develop initiatives to grow it
- Good knowledge /experience within BSS/ VAS and Managed Services delivery
- Applicants must have knowledge of African /East African Market
Additional Skills & Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have operated in a Senior Account Director/ Sales management capacity within a similar environment. They are also likely to have extensive operational experience, ideally gained in a company in a similar sector.
- · Knowledge and experience of Software delivery in either BSS or VAS
- · International experience, specifically in Africa including Nigeria
- · Creative/innovative in approach
- · Strong autonomy
- · High energy with a strong communication style
- · Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly with other team members
- · Excellent organizational and planning skills
- · Excellent presentation skills
- · Adaptable attitude to different cultures and situations
- · Ability to lead and monitor cross-company processes
- · Fluent in English
- · Graduate degree (MS or MBA) and relevant experience is required
Comverse is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Comverse is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.