Main Job Purpose:
The Country SHE and Security Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health , Environment and Security improvement activities to achieve excellence at all Manufacturing and Non-manufacturing sites in the country. These sites include Agbara and Oregun factories , the Head offices, sales offices, R&D centers, distribution centers, and merchandizers. S/he works with Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE and Security Strategy and improvement plans and supports the deployment of group safety strategies in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs. S/he also has responsibility for leading the Community of Practice of SHE professionals and overseeing legal compliance of all sites in the country. S/he represents the country/cluster in the Group forums and vice versa.
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE and Security strategy, policy and standards in the non-manufacturing sites to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Manage the SHE and Security teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety , Environment and Security results
- Drive safety , security and environment risk assessment in the non-manufacturing sites and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Reduce the non-manufacturing sites’ environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO 2 emissions and water & energy consumption
- Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with ManEx
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever BBS Program and support deployment in the site
- Support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS) primarily in the R&D sites
- Monitor non-manufacturing sites legal compliance an ensure they meet all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Oversee the legal compliance of all manufacturing sites in the country/cluster
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the Cluster SC VP in leading and developing the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support site leaders in the country/cluster in serious incident investigation and analysis
- Assist the relevant VP to lead the Country Safe Travel Committee and ensure compliance with safe travel training and reporting requirements
- Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses and safe behaviour observations
- Oversee professional SHE and Security skills in the sites , determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
- Lead the community of practice of SHE and Security professionals (manufacturing and non-manufacturing) to ensure sharing of best practice and effective communication to and from Group.
- Oversee OS/EPR/SHE PAR reporting in non manufacturing within the cluster for accuracy and timeliness
Profesional Experience Required
- University degree in Science or Engineering
- NEBOSH IGC
- Qualifications required by local regulatory authorities
- 5 – 10 years Experience in Supply Chain.
- Excellent knowledge of SHE management systems and standards- ISO Standards.
- Good knowledge of Process Safety.
- Good Interpersonal relation (Influencing others)
- Bias for action
- Good Observation and Auditing skills.
- Advanced degree in Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability