Chibok indigenes have alerted the federal government to a quit notice served on the community by the terrorist group Boko Haram.
At a press conference in Abuja, Friday, The Chairman of the Chibok nation, Dr. Pogu Bitrus said that residents of Kautikari and Kaya town had received what the Boko Haram sect termed final notice to attack the towns again and ordered the residents to vacate the village or face total annihilation on their next visit.
“As a matter of urgency, we wish to alert the general public and the international community that after the attack on four villages of Kautikari, Nguradina, Kwada/Kaumutayahi and Kakulmari on Sunday 29th June, 2014, which recorded 105 deaths, the residents of Kautikari and Kaya town have received what the Boko Haram sect termed final notice to attack Kautikari again by advising residents to vacate the village or face total annihilation on their next attack which has been promptly reported to the security agencies”.
Bitrus disclosed further that Kaya town in Damboa Local Governemaent Area attacked on July 3, 2014 received a stern warning from the Boko Haram insurgents after the attack to vacate their town; given that they constitute an obstacle on their way to invading Chibok (Kibaku) Nation.
The Chibok Nation also expressed dismay over “the inability of the federal government to provide adequate security for the people.”
Bitrus said the capacity of the military in the villages “is just like a platoon, which is not more than forty.”
“Today is 81 days since the abduction of our girls and in spite of the categorical statements by the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), that the location of the girls is known to the government, the appalling situation and agony encompassing the unfortunate abduction saga and detention of the Chibok girls by the Boko Haram insurgents continues and the rescue efforts by the government is yet to yield result.
“While this unfortunate situation persists, many distressed parents are dying of heart attack and frustration as their dejection has become unbearable. On record, seven parents have lost their lives due to the trauma of the situation.
“Unfortunately, again, the Federal government has not provided adequate security in the Chibok area since the unfortunate abductions of April 14 even in the face of persistent attacks by the Boko Haram insurgents.”
According to Bitrus, Boko Haram had so far carried out 15 attacks on the Chibok Nation involving 19 villages with over 229 killed and over 100 injured.
“Some of the victims of these attacks are parents and relations of the abducted girls, thereby adding more pains to the traumatic condition already inherent in the Chibok (Kibaku) Community.”
Bitrus disclosed further that the inhabitants of Tsilari and Shawa villages had already been completely dislodged and the villages taken over by the Boko Haram insurgents and their flag hoisted.
“Worthy of note is the fact that 90% of the attacks were carried out with advanced notice to the residents by the Boko Haram insurgents which were subsequently reported to the relevant security agencies concerned but no action was taken to avert any of the attacks or even respond during the attacks.”
The Chibok indigenes however demanded among others, that the government should negotiate with the Boko Haram sect with a view of securing the release of their girls and also to establish a rehabilitation center in Chibok to address psychological, medical and traumatic effects of the abduction on parents, escaped and yet to be rescued girls and the Chibok community.
The group also wants government to station an army battalion in Chibok town.