* To support the CIO in strategic analysis, business planning and management processes review.
* Facilitating communication through the CIO’s office & providing support for critical business initiatives.
* To plan and monitor GTO activities in the Africa region.
* Monitor costs, monthly performance and metrics, support MIS packs for the Region.
* To identify opportunities and highlight key successes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Work closely with GTO and GTO Finance teams on issues such as budgets, monthly performance tracking, preparation of GTO metrics, etc.
* Analyze performance and costs; contribute to cost reduction by eliminating waste and identifying cost reduction opportunities.
MIS / Reporting
* Review and redesign the structure of management information reporting in GTO Africa to meeting ongoing and changing requirements, as necessary
* Ensure timely submission of GTO Africa packs, Group / Geographies / Regional information requests, Group Operations information requests etc.
* Follow up action items pertaining to CIO from various business forum (e.g. CORC, CIO Dashboard/ roundtable meetings, CIO Leadership Team Meeting, external conferences)
* Prepare presentations and reports for GTO Top team and various Group forums.
* Carry out adhoc and regular analysis of operational and business data to identify key risk trends, volume increases etc. to assist the operations, technology and business teams to proactively manage risk and forecasts.
* Working closely with the CIO, ensure that key successes in the Region are communicated to Regional and Group functions.
* Act as point of contact for countries / Group and represent the interests of Africa GTO operations.
* Coordinate activities to meet the overall objectives of the CIO
To undertake such other ad hoc projects/assignments as the CIO would require and ensure delivery of the desired result within agreed time frames.
* Strategic planning including but not limited to management structure, geographical expansion, infrastructure etc.
Qualifications & Skills
* Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
* 6 – 8 years experience in a similar role
* Must possess relevant qualification
* Ability to multitask , self-starter
* Methodical approach to work with strong analytical skills set.
* Flexibility to handle wide range of job responsibilities.
* Good follow through of projects.
* Strong communication and influencing skills
* High degree of responsibility and integrity
* Working experience in Operations / Technology domain will be an added advantage.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.