Job Position: Field Service Engineer PMD Ref. PMD/FSE
Level: Entry graduate level
Years of experience: 1yr – 2yrs
Location: Port Harcourt/Nigeria
Reporting to the Assistant Services Manager, this person will have responsibility for attending to customer service calls, remotely assist in troubleshooting customer’s instrumentation related issues; travel to customer site locations and work independently on their systems; provide regular communication, feedback and status updates to the Services Manager. The FSE is also responsible for meeting service revenue sales targets, ensuring strong contract retention and warranty conversion rates, exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. The FSE may develop and track field service project plans, monitor and adhere to field service policies, procedures and technical standards.
This person is required to have a good first degree in Electronics / Instrumentation or equivalent with 1 to 2 years of instrumentation, site service and customer handling experience.
Experience in Pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, flow meters, valves, basic instrumentation, PLC, SCADA and other automation products is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Must be familiar with the use of required test equipment including Field communicator (375 or 475), Digital Multimeter, Control panel associated wiring/mechanical tools.
- Working knowledge of automation & instrumentation products.
- Must be available and capable to travel by air, land and sea using commercial means of transportation.
- Willing and able to work hours necessary to meet deadlines and respond to emergency demands.
- May require extended travel on short notice.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision requirement; able to work independently; ability to prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Strong Computer and Network skills with good knowledge of MS Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to read and write English.
- Oil & Gas and Power Generation industry experience.
- Must be capable of performing job duties outdoors requiring exposure to different weather conditions.
Application Deadline : 31 July, 2014