Neymar will accompany Brazil to their third-place play-off match on Saturday, as his recovery from a broken vertebrae has shown huge improvement.
The Barcelona star walked unaided during his visit to his team-mates at their camp in Teresopolis on Thursday.
The 22-year-old’s injury had beclouded his side’s 7-1 World Cup semi-final defeat by Germany on Tuesday and his appearance at the training session was his first since being stretchered off during ‘A Selecao’s’ quarter-final 2-1 win over Colombia.
The Barcelona wonderkid has been recovering from home in Sao Paulo.
His club side confirmed that their medical staff had visited the player and are upbeat he would be available for the start of the new La Liga season, beginning on August 23.
I Could Have Been Paralysed
The Brazil star broke down in tears as he narrated how he might have lost his limb after Colombia’s Juan Zuniga kneed him in the back.
Neymar only fractured a vertebrae in his spine, but says he feared the worst after the incident.
Speaking at a news conference, Neymar said: “God blessed me.
“If it had been another two centimetres I could be in a wheelchair today.”
Zuniga apologised to Neymar and Fifa said no disciplinary action could be taken because the incident was spotted and dealt with by referee Velasco Carballo on the pitch.
the host nation’s leading scorer also revealed Zuniga called him the next day to tender apologies.
“I don’t hate him. I don’t hold a grudge,” said Neymar. “But I don’t feel anything.
“It’s difficult to talk about a move that ended happening in such an important moment of my career.
“I won’t say he came to injure me. I don’t what was going on in his head but everyone who understands football can see that it wasn’t a normal challenge.”