GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and helping to cure the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Oil & Gas
OG-SUBS Subsea Systems
Posted Position Title
Aftermarket Support Engineer
Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available
A Design Engineer within the Aftermarket Engineering team with a proven track record and experience in the Aftermarket Repair, maintenance, conversion / modification and testing requirements of Subsea Production and Intervention equipment.
• Interpret customer proposals and statement of requirements, through to final product design, build and test.
• Ensure that equipment is reworked / refurbished in accordance with current Industry legislation.
• Review/disposition survey reports.
• Communicate with client representative on repair, detail design, test procedures, test equipment, technical data, maintenance, spares and alternate parts/assemblies.
• Write Operating Service Procedures (OSP’s) for Field Service Manuals ensuring compliance with current best practices and ‘lessons-learned’ from previous projects.
• Write and approve design verification packages for products/equipment to industry design codes and standards (API, NACE, ASME, ISO)
• Work closely with Project management to prepare detailed quotations for engineering and workshop operations.
• Provide engineering support to internal teams – Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Project Management/Business Team and external suppliers.
• Write and approve Operating Maintenance Procedures (OMP), Site Integration Test (SIT) and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) procedures for Subsea equipment.
• Check and approve rework layout and detail drawings.
• Technical interface between company and client for ‘face to face’ project meetings..
• Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required
• BEng Hons Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Fully proficient with ePIMS database
• Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
• Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
• An excellent communicator and have strong leadership skills.
• Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
Special Skills required
• Pro/Engineer experience.
• Working knowledge of ASME drafting standards.
• Knowledge of GD&T.
• Manufacturing processes.
Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:
• Strong SSPE, SWE, CDE & SSWE product line knowledge.
• Offshore Operational activities relating to product deployment and intervention.
• Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes
• Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.