Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid’s items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience! We offer free nationwide delivery, free returns and have several convenient payment options to choose from, either with your debit/credit cards or cash on delivery. With affordable prices and great products, Jumia lets you enjoy an awesome shopping experience with your order sent directly to your doorstep. No muss, no fuss, super convenience guaranteed.
Introduction to the role
We are looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the dispatch unit.
As a Dispatcher you will work directly with and report to the Dispatch Manager to schedule and dispatch drivers, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs.
Your areas of responsibility include:
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from supervisors, and field inspectors.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Receive and reconcile drivers and goods for delivery.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
- Prepare and report 3PL contract based on QCDP (Quality, Cost, Delivery and Productivity)
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum of 1 year experience in supply chain and 6 months experience in Operations.
- Have a customer-centric attitude with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Show attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures 100% accurately.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Should have the ability to work within set timelines in a constantly innovative workplace.
- Can work with less supervision.
- The preferred candidate must be willing to run on shift (particularly night shift).
- Good understanding of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Candidate should be a team player and demonstrate positive thinking, a good work ethic and company loyalty.
- Candidates should be familiar with use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
What we offer
- A unique education in working in a leading company in a new industry in Nigeria and Africa.
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An attractive salary package.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Method of Application
Interested candidates whose experience and competencies match the job profile should send their CV as an email attachment with subject line YOUR NAME_POSITION e.g. Michael Johnson_Dispatcher to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: That only shortlisted candidates would be contacted