Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients including the following:
- Structuring of partnerships and relationships between local companies and foreign/technical partners,
- Assistance with permits, business development and understanding of contracting terms and and conditions, as well as sourcing for human resource personnel,
- providing training/capacity development required to operate within best business practice, even in tough business environments.
Fluids Supervisor Offshore
About this job
Supervision of Fluids operations related to core well construction are the main services under the fluids section, sub-divided into Drilling Fluids engineering and products, Cementing, Waste Management (Rig site cuttings treatment, bulk cuttings transfer and onshore cuttings treatment and disposal.
• Ensure the follow-up of the fluids related operations which include drilling fluids engineering and products, cementing, waste management (rig site cuttings treatment, bulk cuttings transfer and onshore cuttings treatment and disposal).
• Interface with the rig Contractor’s personnel and ensure Equipment and Services meet operational needs
• Ensure the execution of services in line with Regulatory guidelines in Nigeria
• Ensure contractors respect COMPANY’s referential standards
• Ensure rig-site reports are correct and prepared in a timely manner
• Support COMPANY’s Representative as the main contact for all fluid-related operations at the rig-site
• Follow up the execution of fluids, cement, solids control and waste management services at the rig-site
• Supervise all critical rig-site fluid-related operations, like cementing, mud displacements, completions, specialized testing procedures and the like
• Ensure strict adherence of the rig-site Contractor representatives to the programmes/services required
• Interface between the Onshore Fluids Superintendent and Contractor representatives
• Ensure correct and timely completion of each phase of work, post service reports
• Ensure rig-site execution of service quality improvement plans by rig-site Contractor representatives
• Participate in optimizing the activities of service Contractors and evaluating their performance
• Be aware of the relevant Environmental and Regulatory guidelines and ensure their application in fluids operations
• Anticipate operational needs, with rig-site Contractor Engineers and place orders through Onshore Fluids
• Be involved in setting up operational structures and execution at the rig-site
• Ensure that service delivery meets with good Quality, Health, Safety and Environment practices
• Collaborate with Onshore Fluids Superintendent for effective logistics coordination in respect of supply boats, quantity of products and the like.
Main correspondent on the rig with the Company Man for all fluids related operations which include drilling fluids engineering and products, cementing, waste management (rig site cuttings treatment, bulk cuttings transfer and onshore cuttings treatment and disposal).
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualifications: Minimum of HND in any Sciences or Engineering
Number of years of professional experience : +8 years in fluids business
Spoken Languages: Fluent in English (French – an added advantage)
Should have more than a basic understanding of the Fluids Business enough to take on a supervisory role of the Fluids service providers at the rig site (Fluids Engineering, Cementing, Waste Management, etc)
Trainings / Certifications: Must possess current IWCF, BOSIET & Medical certifications