GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
The Senior Manager – Project Management demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Manage portfolio performance across multiple projects in the sub region in collaboration with dedicated Project Managers
• Be Responsible for overall project deliverables and managing multiple constraints associated with the various project (schedule / financials / customer requirements)
• Define and maximize the GE customer value proposition and competitive response across the various business segments in the sub region
• Understand customer needs and plans, current and future and ensure that customer and partner relationships are proactively managed
• Interface with commercial and engineering functions to coordinate project development, implementation, and control, resulting in project volume and profitability
• Responsible for the Contribution Margin of projects and will play a proactive role in problems identification and resolution during the project by highlighting potential areas of concern and promptly driving other departments in solving issues which affect project execution
• Responsible of developing a PMO mindset within the organization with focus on Project Quality Management, Risk, Project Control and Planning initiatives within the Region
• Ensure all team members are trained and compliant on the Global Project Organization and applicable business processes, tools and methods.
• Be the point of contact between the local operations and project teams and cross-functional/P&L interfaces.
• Drive organizational and functional effectiveness in order to achieve business goals and develop employees
• Create an environment which enables the attraction of new, qualified talent to the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
• At least 7 to 10 additional years of experience in project management
• At least 5 years of experience in a management role
• At least 2 years in a Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations or related role
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
• Significant Project, Construction, Field Engineering and/or Contract Management experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• High energy level – self-starter.
• Deep technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Ability to drive and manage change in a dynamic environment.
• Microsoft suite proficiency.
• Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
• Proven ability to effectively manage a team / organization.
• Strong people and performance management, and strategic and operations planning
• Strong skills in customer relationship building, facilitation, and matrix management
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
• GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)