Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The Sourcing Category Manager shall develop cost effective Ericsson wide category strategies that are based on cross-functional requirements & business needs in both Regions & Business Units.
The Category Manager is accountable for supplier business intelligence, benchmarking practice & category market knowledge, establishing a cost effective & competitive market place that optimizes Ericsson’s supplier business. The role is also responsible for the Preferred Supplier List & internal compliance to it.
Through requirement alignment & opportunities from Sourcing & stakeholders, sustainable solutions fulfilling stakeholder requirements, policies, laws & regulations shall be secured.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Define & implement cross-functional strategies
- Define & secure implementation of a preferred supplier list
- Define & implement applicable category targets
- Create cost effective & sustainable category business solutions
- Optimize category team performance
- Develop the category business model & define best practices
- Leading & supervising
- Working with people
- Relating & networking
- Persuading & influencing
- Adapting & responding to change
- Commercial Acumen & Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ericsson portfolio knowledge
- Facilitate diversity & awareness
- Financial acumen & skills
- Fundamental Leadership Competence
- Knowledge sharing & collaborative skills
- Leadership through cross functional networks
- Market insight
- Presentation skills
- Team working skills
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- A first academic degree or equivalent qualification
- Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Business understanding
- Change & Improvement Management Skills
- Local laws & Regulation knowledge
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Sourcing practice, process & strategy knowledge