Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more. Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean. Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why ‘celebrating life every day, everywhere’ is at the core of what we do
Level: L6 (M3)
Reports To: Area Development Manager
The Diageo Sales vision is to become one of the top three most respected Consumer Packaged Goods Sales teams in every market we operate. Our goal is to be ‘winning at the moment of choice’ to ensure we are winning bigger and beating the competition. This along with putting the customer at the heart of everything we do will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity and brilliant execution of our sales drivers in trade.
Purpose of Role
To deliver the sales targets through sales drivers activation, grow the capability and drive amazing relationship with our core wholesalers.
§ Responsible for all preferred wholesalers in the territory
§ Develop smaller wholesalers as applicable
Responsible for personal overhead budget, Tactical Budget in territory, Point of Sale (POS), Management of wholesaler loyalty scheme
b. Market Complexity:
Individual territory geographically based. Work with wholesalers within Territory
c. Leadership and Functional Responsibilities:
Must be able to influence, inspire and drive performance
· Be Authentic – Stand for what you feel is right for the individual, team and market on a local basis to ensure a solution fit for market and Diageo globally. Build and sustain trust with others through real relationships
· Find Solutions – Overcome objections by creating ideas and opportunities to enable you and others to go beyond the existing situation. Stand in the future for both the market and Diageo to shape that future. Work within and outside of established approaches
· Connect to the Diageo purpose – Be an ambassador for the development of team’s capabilities. Passionate about delivering results through others to drive significant business benefits
· Manage people for success – Build alignment and commit to delivering outstanding relationships.
· Consistently deliver great performance – Stay focused on the priorities and demonstrate rigor and brilliant execution.
· Grow yourself – demonstrate self-awareness and commit to growing own capabilities. Actively seeks feedback and acts upon it.
· Managing Relationships: Experienced
· Wholesalers Management : Developing
· Commercial Planning: Baseline
· Sales Drivers: Experienced
· CDOS: Developing
· Trade Strategy. Developing
- Achieve profitable volume/depletion targets for wholesalers by driving sales to wholesalers and ensuring sales out of the wholesalers.
- Build amazing relationships with key wholesalers to achieve profitable business result for GN in assigned territory and ensuring they are strongly and emotionally connected with GN
- Source for Guinness Distribution Centre (GDC) vendors and mange GDC operations. Ensure GN Party Service standards are adhered to and weekly target achieved
Qualifications and Experience Required
§ Graduate with minimum 3 year commercial expertise gained across Sales / Consumer Marketing or Sales Management with a good track record of performance. Previous experience in a direct customer facing role is valuable.
§ Good commercial understanding, P&L literacy, strong numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy and previous experience of financial/data are important.
§ Good communication skills –written and verbal. Good interpersonal skills
§ Healthy and physically fit.
§ Experienced driver with valid license
Barriers to Success in Role
§ Inability to spend essential time in the Field with customers and consumers and working in a highly competitive environment.
§ Not ready to adapt to flexible working conditions
Flexible Working options
Based in a defined geographical area.100% Field Based