Arik Air, West and Central Africa’s largest carrier, seeks the services of experienced and competent candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Position: Administration Manager
- Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom. and kitchen; establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems
- Contributes to team effort by completing related results as needed.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring-costs; analyzing variances.
- Manages the Admin, protocol, guest house unit and facility unit.
- Dynamic and a self motivated
- Ability to work In a team with a strong focus on results.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Impeccable financial integrity.
- Good command over oral and written communication.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in use of computers.
- Fair and positive work attitude. Minimum 6years of experience in the field of Administration.
- At least 3 years of experience in heading the Administration function.
- Minimum of 1st Degree in related fields
Position: Associate Vice President Human Resources
As AVPHR you are responsible for the deliverance & daily management of the AVPHR’s who in turn ensure to deliver a professional HR structure to the Business Units. Strong communication and reporting line to the Croup VPHR, you will drive the mission statement and values of the business and acts as a team mentor. You will deputize for the Group VPHR when absent.
Principal Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and sustain an effective recruitment program – coordinating the recruitment efforts with the AVPHR.
- Administers classifications programs, which includes analyzing positions i .e writing job descriptions and evaluations for classification purposes
- Administers compensation (including pension payments) benefits and performance management systems as well as safety and recreational programs.
- Coordinates the various hearing panels and activities e.g disciplinary with the AVPHR
- Devise, coordinate and direct benefit programs
- Prepares performance review forms and directs the distribution and retrieval of forms to managers
- Monitors performance appraisals and probation hearings
- Maintains complete attendance and labour turnover records; presents periodic reports to the Group VPHR
- Remains current on law changes and monitors labour law updates and newsletters for changes that affect HR
- Communicates regularly with the Human Resources Team regarding departmental and organizational issues
- Ensure department meet productivity standard
- Finalises all HR internal audits and approves necessary adjustments
- Min of 8 years managerial experience in human resources at senior level
- Min of 5 years general experience in the HR field
- A Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management.
- A combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- CIPD certified professional required
- Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management
- Ability to develop long term plans
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Flexible and efficient time management
- Anticipation and Prioritisation of work load
- Analytical and Quality of thinking
Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong leadership skills
- Team player / leader
- Results orientated
- Attention to detail
- Proactively includes planning and organizing
- Sound and accurate judgment
Position: AVP – Sales, Nigeria
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Achievement of revenue targets in all channels in each financial year
- Ensure achieve the yield objectives in each season
- Ensure that the Seat Load factors corresponding to the desired revenue are maintained
- Ensure that the cost of sales are contained within the budgeted amounts
- Continuously Improve the revenue from the corporate sales channel, working with the head of corporate sales.
- Ensure highest level of visibility of the airline to the trade and consumer
- Identity, develop and sell to new cargo markets
- Plan and implement marketing and promotional activities to support the sales process
- Ensure the optimum level of efficiency and delivery in the customer touch points , ATO, CTO and call centers
- Provide a motivating and results oriented leadership to the sales team
- Must hold a university degree.
- A masters degree or MBA is an added advantage
- Must have worked in the aviation industry for over 10 years in related area.
- Three years of the above should have been in a management role in a sales territory or region for an airline, having lead a sales/marketing team
- Dynamic personality , adaptable to changes and should be a person with great team spirit and leadership abilities
Position: Vice President- Treasury
- Treasury management.
- Aircraft financing, managing of various credit facilities
- Financial management and monthly performance reporting
- Foreign exchange management
- Payment of local and regional suppliers
- Cash flow management
- At least a first degree in Finance or related discipline.
- Chartered Accountant, member of I CAN, ACCA etc
- Aged Between 35-50 years
- Over 15 year’s professional experience, some of which should have been acquired in aviation or allied sector.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.
- A result oriented personality with good understanding of the aviation industry.
- Excellent Business communication skills Ability’ to work well under pressure.
Position: Head, Internal Audit
- Directs the overall operations of the Internal Audit Department on behalf of the Board Audit Committee and the management.
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management controls are functioning
- Erasure efficient and effective performance companywide vide internal control adherence monitoring.
- Evaluates mitigants for all recognized corporate risks and advise management.
- Ensures projects are prioritized based on risk and exposure and assist with project appraisals.
- Creates an effective strategic direction roadmap which covers the values, mission, and objectives of Internal Audit now and in the future.
- Ensures adequate corporate governance exists to provide transparency in business practices.
- Establishes a quality control programmes over Internal Audit activities, and ensure Departmental process, methodology and work flow are effective companywide (including project planning, resource management, file review, reporting, and follow up).
- Embedding minimum acceptable standards and control frameworks which meet both Arik’s Internal Audit objectives.
- Ensures that Internal Audit staffs develop skills and knowledge which provide maximum value for the business, and which are relevant for career advancement.
- Conducts ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Board of Directors. Audit Committee or the CEO.
- Maintains the independence and objectivity required by internal audit functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- MBA or other post-graduate Degree highly preferable
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA/CA/ACA) specialized in auditing financial analysis, and business process
- 10 + years experience at a senior level in auditing and/or accounting functions within aviation or Big 4 environment
Position: Manager, Internal Audit
- Reports HIA on the policies, programmes and activities of the Department.
- Develops long and short-term audit goals and objectives to include operational audits, financial audits, follow-up audits and computer system audits etc.
- Develops audit procedures and systems.
- Implements audit plans, reviews audit reports and recommendations
- Recommends changes in systems, policies or procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Establishes and maintains quality control programme with the HIA of the IA Department.
- Designs, establishes and maintains an IA organization structure anti staffing
- Coordinates with third parties i.e. external auditors and other parties
- Conducts reviews and other related tasks as delegated by HIA
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field
- Professional accounting qualification required; for example. (ACCA/ACA) with specialization in auditing (CIA-MIIA), financial analysis and business process
- 5 – 8 years experience at a senior level in auditing and/or accounting functions. Airline industry experience preferred.
- Ability to implement and use auditing software necessary
Position: Officer, Internal Audit
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of work plans including risk assessment and audit programs for assurance and/or consulting engagements.
- Conduct discussions of preliminary nature with functional staff audited.
- Conduct – in accordance with best audit practice segments of financial, operational and compliance audits of departments.
- Obtain required information directly or Indirectly through examination of records and / or interviews with staff.
- For the processes / department audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and, where appropriate, draft potential recommendations for improvements.
- Assess the reliability and effectiveness of internal controls. Undertake testing and field works as directed by senior staff, and ensure thorough work papers are prepared.
- Ensure knowledge of Arik and aviation industry in general is always advancing through a commitment to team, familiarity with current issues in aviation, and research.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested from time to time by HIA.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Partly qualified or student member ICAN or ACCA
- 1-3 years Audit experience
- Business and commerce
- A basic understanding of the concept of risk
- An avid interest in aviation
- Computer literacy (all MS Office products)
Position: Civil & Electrical Engineer
Civil & Elect engineer is expected to give advice on projects and design them, also turn their plans Into reality and maintain the structures once they are built. Job description includes:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Using a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs
- Undertaking complex and repetitive calculations
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects, subcontractors, etc
- Compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Managing budgets and project resources
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Creative graduate, who is commercially aware and capable of working well within a team environment
- Other key skills include
- Sound mathematical and technical skills inducing physics
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication dulls
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
- Minimum first degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years experience
Position: Estate / Facility Manager
Estate Manager also referred to Facility manner job function includes day-to-day operational and maintenance related task:
- Financial forecasting/budgeting
- Property acquisition and/or disposal
- Planning and overseeing building work/renovation
- Lease management
- Project planning and management
- Architectural/engineering planning and design
- Allocating and managing space within buildings
- Coordinating building maintenance and operational activities
- Organizing security and general administrative services
- Integrating communications/telecommunications
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Minimum first degree in Estate Management or related courses
- Additional qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for AVP. Sales Role
email@example.com for other positions
Application closes on 15th September 2014. Please note that only candidates that meet the above requirements will be considered.