One of the kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls reported to have resurfaced at Mubi in Adamawa State on Wednesday, is now receiving medical attention, the Force spokesman, Mr Emmanuel Ojukwu, has said.
Ojukwu, who was responding to questions at the National Information Centre in Abuja on Thursday said the girl, 20, was abandoned at Mararaban, Mubi, by suspected terrorists.
He said, “Yes, I can confirm that on Sept. 24, at about 5 pm, one young girl, about 20, among those adopted by the bad elements was dropped at Mararaban, Mubi, by suspected terrorists.
“She has been picked by the police and is undergoing treatment right now.
“Her condition is stable so far and she is getting the best medical attention available.”
When asked if there was any proof that the girl was one of the kidnapped girls, Ojukwu said available information showed that “she is one of them”.
He, however, declined to reveal her name, saying it would be unsafe to do so.
The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that suspected Boko Haram terrorists had kidnapped more than 200 schoolgirls at Chibok, Borno State, on April 14.