Baker Hughes creates value for Oil & Gas companies by offering leading drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production products and services. Our leading technologies – and our ability to apply them safely and effectively – create value for our customers and our shareholders.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, we offer opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Engineers, scientists, technicians and business professionals can make their careers at Baker Hughes. We continuously strive to develop our own leaders by hiring the best and then promoting them from within.
- Provide advice for well planning
- Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met by the Field Supervisor
- Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers
- Expected to maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism
- Provide advice for bit selection and BHA composition
- Liaise with customer representative to ensure smooth operation and understanding of requirements
- Pre / Post job briefing and reporting as required
- Monitor effective use of down hole and surface equipment to fully optimize the use of all equipment, in response to hole conditions and in accordance with well proposal to enhance overall job efficiency
- Perform on-the-job training for new operators
- 4 year Technical Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years directional drilling experience
- Experience with and knowledge of Directional and/or other wellbore positioning software
- Experience with and knowledge of Advantage Engineering and/or other Directional Drilling software
- Deep water directional drilling experience would be beneficial
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience of AutoTrak or other Rotary Steerable Systems
- Be able to work with First Alert
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active role in HSE compliance
- Nurture Team Spirit