Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time Regular – Local Offer
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated is looking for Senior Deepwater Cementing Field Specialists with solid Cementing experience for its Nigerian Operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides leadership and supervision to assigned equipment operators in the use of equipment, controls the use of materials, and monitors and records the progression of service and use of materials at the job site.
- Works closely with the customer.
- Effectively conducts self and crew in such a manner as to assure customer satisfaction.
- Execute other related duties as assigned.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- 8 years previous experience in Cementing.
- Deepwater experience is essential
- Cementing experience pertaining to product knowledge, equipment operations knowledge, calculations and hands on training and expertise in specific discipline.
- Excellent English written and spoken communications skills.
- Offshore Survival certificate required
- Degree- qualified would be advantageous but not essential