Wood Group Kenny – We provide a fully integrated system engineering approach that incorporates subsea trees, manifolds, controls and umbilicals, subsea structures, pipelines, risers and vessel interface structures. We have thirty years of experience working on subsea developments across the world, continually stretching our capability for long subsea tieback distances and in the deepest waters.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Pipeline Engineer on a rotational basis located at our offices in Lagos, Nigeria. The successful candidate will provide –
Job role is independently accountable for staff and support arm of the Wood Group Dover (Lagos) Office.
Basic Functions :
Responsible for design, specification and services related to piping systems and piping layout including piping material selection, piping material line classes, standard and specialty piping components, pressure, weight and thermal analysis of pipeline systems, vibration analysis and pipeline support systems.
Principal Responsibilities :
With Local autonomy, establishes and maintains the technical standards within the discipline. Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting. Participates in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of engineering and/or Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts, and supporting business acquisitions & preparation of technical proposals. This is a management level position with full responsibility for hiring decisions, staffing levels, budgets, salary administration, and career development of assigned personnel within an engineering discipline. May supervise several subordinate supervisors or team leaders, including discipline lead engineers on EPC projects.
A broad range of Pipeline Engineering skills particularly in the oil and gas processing industry in both the onshore and offshore environment. Well versed with national/international standards.
Be able to create results and a local organization in line with corporate vision, through sharing of engineering knowledge within the region and creation of the engineering people of the future in the African Region
· Good English spoken & written and clear communicator
· Excellent presentation skills
· Good Interviewing Techniques and Skills
· Team Player
· Excellent Coaching and Mentoring
· Sharing Lessons Learned between Regional Projects
· Local Negotiation and problem Solving
· Focused Drive
· Emotional Intelligence (Culturally Adept)
· Trusted Influence
· Systems Thinking
· Willing to Travel (Africa)
· No Visa Restrictions
· 15-20+ years’ experience in engineering (onshore and offshore projects)
· Performing a similar role in the past an advantage and involved in developing of engineering offices from inception.
· Knowledge of WGPSN/WG Management Systems
· Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer (advantage) with associated undergraduate Degree in Engineering.
Why is WGK ‘where you want to be’?
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
How To Apply
- Please quote job reference IRC in all correspondence relating to this position.
- Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
- Online applications only – no email applications