Student R*ped By Soldier For 5 Hours Narrates Ordeal

The evil deeds of security men attached to Oyo State government’s Operation Burst has been found out as a 23-year-old girl revealed how she was defiled by one of them.

The Ordinary National Diploma (OND) student of Mass Communication Department, Ibarapa Polytechnic, yesterday, narrated how she was r*ped under a tree by one of the security men around 10.30 pm on August 29 this year while she was returning after seeing off a friend in Eruwa, Oyo State.

According to the victim, she was r*ped repeatedly for five hours before she was let off the hook by the soldier, who allegedly ordered her to climb the motorcycle while threatening to stab her with a knife.

“It happened on Friday, August 29, 2014. I was coming back to my room after seeing off a friend. He accused me of being a cultist for moving about around that time, but I denied it. He then ordered me to climb his motorcycle, but I pleaded with him that he should let me go.

“He removed a knife and said that he would stab me if I refused to obey him. So scared, I climbed the Okada and he took me to the Operation Burst office in Eruwa.

“When we got there, he forcefully led me to a dark area under a tree and ordered me to remove my dress to enable him see if I had tattoos on my body.

“I told him I did not have tattoos and that he should let me go. He then removed the knife again and said that he would slaughter me like a ram if I failed to ‘cooperate’ and that I would be buried like many other girls who had failed to cooperate in the past, and nobody would trace my death to him.

“Sensing danger, I removed my clothes. He ordered me to lie down under the tree and had sex with me several times while I was crying.

“He raped me till 3.30 am and I complained of catching cold. He entered into the office and brought out a bottle of beer. He gave it to me to hold for him.

“Later he said he was going to bring a blanket for me to cover my body. I waited for about 30 minutes, but when he did not return, I dressed up and ran away.”

The victim’s counsel, Mr. Adeosun, confirmed her story, saying: “In the morning of Saturday, August 30, 2014, the victim called her parents on the telephone and told them what happened. It was the parents that came to brief our office. We thereafter advised that the victim should report to the Police Station at Eruwa, which she did.”

When the matter was reported to the security outfit, the girl identified the rapist among other security operatives paraded before her.

To worsen her ordeal, the Eruwa General Hospital where she went for test was not really helpful as the result was said to be negative after the doctor allegedly failed to carry out necessary tests citing lact of facilities.

“The doctor told me to lie down and use his phone torchlight to examine my private part and wrote a report that although there was no trace of semen, the private part had been tampered with.”

It was gathered that the doctor claimed he could not carry out test on the inner part of the vagina because the hospital did not have the facilities to carry out such test.

The victim’s lawyer said a soldier called him at 8.25 pm on Sunday informing him that the Army had commenced court martial trial on the indicted soldier, but that the student must appear to testify.

Reacting to the issue, Special Adviser to Governor Abiola Ajimobi on Media, Dr. Festus Adedayo, quoted the security outfit as saying it had recommended the suspect for disciplinary measure for abandoning his duty post.

In a statement issued by the outfit’s Second in Command, CSP Elijah Bawa, “immediately the outfit was informed of the allegation of rape against the said soldier, he dispatched an investigation team to Eruwa.

“The team met with the Divisional Police Officer for the Eruwa Division, DSP Kayode Adigun who disclosed that the 23-year old Mass Communication student of the school lodged a complaint with the command that she had been raped by the soldier who was also an operative of the anti-crime outfit.

“The outfit’s Second in Command and the DPO took the complainant to the Eruwa General Hospital for medical examination, the result of which they said proved negative.

“The soldier will, however, be charged for abandoning his duty post in the night without permission against standing instructions in the Operation Burst’s code of conduct,” he said.


  1. What a wicked soldier, he should be investigated and prosecuted for raping and the Dr. be charged along with him for collaboration for fear of telling the truth.

    It is a pity that a general hospital does not have facilities for testing and confirming a case of rape, is there no other place or ways of carrying it out? Where is the value for life if our hospitals cannot provide necessary health care for us?
    Gone are the days when military men were discipline. The bulk of what we have now are bundles of roughians and unpoliced armed men.
    The past generation of military men in the army were so much discipline that they would not take bribe on road blocks or sexually harass students or young women on the road. The new set of uniform men are not courteous. They would rather threaten both male and female to subjection.
    No wonder the present administration found it convenient to use them in threatening electorates in Ekiti and Osun States.
    Our military should please come up with a better ways of inculcating discipline in the military. Mere trial of the culprit for leaving his bit is not enough. There should be a thorough investigation into the allegation.
    This is a disgrace to the military because it would not have been the first time. Many must have been silent out of fear. The threatening statement that the victim claimed that the soldier man issued should not be washed aside. It may be true afterall if there had been cases of missing or lost of young people.
    In addition our military should limit itself to its primary assignments which is defense and security. Meddling with election issue is an insult on military men. The leaders of the military should make their stands on this issue clear and firm. They are being relegated to paramilitary.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here