IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
Contribution/Leadership – Goal is to be recognized as a leader and expert both internally within IBM and externally by industry associations and government officials. Provides advice, guidance and assistance to country general managers, HR and Legal executives, business units and all members of the IBM management team in areas related to public policy and government relations. Provides “thought leadership” on emerging issues and is perceived by government leaders as the “advisor of choice” on public policy issues based on demonstrated expertise and personal relationships. . Communication/Negotiation – Superior communications and interpersonal skills. Regular interaction with senior IBM management at regional and country levels. Extensive external contacts with senior government officials, industry associations and executives of other corporations. Persuasive communicator with the ability to understand and accommodate diverse views in negotiating changes in government policies and regulations to meet IBM’s needs. Ability to handle complex and sensitive negotiations with absolute integrity.
Problem Solving – Anticipates changes in public policies and governmental regulations that are required to meet IBM’s current and future business. Drives the development of innovative strategies and action plans to address these issues. “Sells” these strategies both internally and externally. Develops proactive action plans and solutions to improve IBM’s operating environment.
Responsible for extensive sensitive internal and external relationships. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 7 years experience in Business Partner Coordination
- At least 7 years experience in With broad knowledge of government policies, specified regulations and processes and their implications for IBM’s business operations.
- At least 7 years experience in Having good communications, negotiotion skills,managerial and presentational skills
- At least 7 years experience in Problem solving skills
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 8 years experience in Business Partner Coordination
- At least 8 years experience in With broad knowledge of government policies, specified regulations and processes and their implications for IBM’s business operations.
- At least 8 years experience in Having good communications, negotiotion skills,managerial and presentational skills
- At least 8 years experience in Problem solving skills
Experienced professional with broad knowledge of government policies, specified regulations and processes and their implications for IBM’s business operations. Drives the development of strategies and action plans to address issues at the national, local and regional level. Implements strategies and action plans through direct interaction with government officials and through leadership in industry associations. Significant potential for influencing and impacting IBM business results, working closely with the internal IBM clients.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.