Obasanjo Entitled To His Opinion And Comments On Chibok Girls – FG

PHOTO CREDIT: NEW TELEGRAPH
PHOTO CREDIT: NEW TELEGRAPH

The Federal Government on Tuesday said former President Olusegun Obasanjo is entitled to any opinion or comment he made regarding the abducted Chibok schoolgirls.

The FG said it will remain focus, undistracted and committed to the safe return of the girls to their parents.

It would be recalled that the ex-president last week said many of the abducted schoolgirls may never be reunited with their families.

He told The Hausa service of the British Broadcasting Corporation that in the future, the world will still be hearing of the abducted girls because some of them may give birth to children belonging to members of the Boko Haram sect., who kidnapped them

But the coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr. Mike Omeri, while speaking with journalists in Abuja, Tuesday, said, “Obasanjo is a respected man and a former Nigerian president who is entitled to his opinion, comments and views”.

“The Government of Nigeria will remain undistracted, focused and committed to rescuing the girls alive”, he stated.

1 Comment

  • Stop deceiving us, stop cajoling us, you are a meer, coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr. Mike Omeri, a civil servant who is only loyal to his employee and not Nigeria nation. What are you saying, for six (6) month we have been hearing the same old story, president Goodluck had failed us Federal Government had failed us. These are the people who paid heavy ransom for their kidnapped loved once, and now telling us that all is well because their siblings was not among the abducted schoolgirls. In a civilised nation Mr President would have resigned yet ours is clamouring for second or third chance, its a shared madness.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *