Sambo Says Jonathan To Declare For 2015 Soon

TANPresident Goodluck Jonathan will soon formally declare his intention to contest for a second term in the forthcoming 2015 presidential elections.

Vice President Namadi Sambo, made the disclosure while representing President Jonathan at the grand finale of the nationwide rallies by the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN), held at the Eagles Square, Abuja on Saturday.

TAN, which had embarked on sensitisation and mass mobilisation of citizens at the six geopolitical zones of the country since August 16th, have been highlighting the achievements of the Jonathan administration, collecting signatories in his favour and urging him to present himself for re-election in 2015.

Unveiling the over 17.8 million signatures so far collected, the vice president commended TAN for its constructive engagement of the populace, which he said was in line with democratic tenets all over the world.

Sambo noted that the signatures were an eloquent testimony of the popularity of President Jonathan and his acceptance nationwide.

The event was attended by dignitaries including the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Pius Anyim; Minister for Agriculture, Dr. Femi Adesina; Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, Governors Mukhtar Yero (Kaduna) and Seriake Dickson (Bayelsa) among others.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *