Billionaire businessman and major financier of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Arthur Eze, has declared that the re-election bid of President Goodluck Jonathan was a done deal.
He made this declaration in Abuja during a meeting of the Elders’ Advisory Council of Goodluck Support Group on Friday.
Another businessman and founder of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, at the occasion, donated 24 vehicles manufactured by his company to the group, pledging to do more in the coming days.
Eze, in his remarks, urged all Nigerians to support Jonathan in fulfilling his political aspiration.
He argued that some regions in the country had already been given the chance to produce Presidents of Nigeria, therefore, it would amount to injustice to prevent Jonathan from contesting for a second term.
He said, “Goodluck Jonathan must complete his second term. Nobody will take it from him. After his eight years in office, another region can take over. The South-West has done its eight years. Some parts of North have done their own. Jonathan has to complete his own term”.
Also speaking, a former Deputy Senate President and chairman, Elders Advisory Council of GSG, Sen. Ibrahim Mantu, urged supporters of the president to hit the ground running, adding that securing the re-election of President Jonathan was a tax that must be paid.
He said, “Now that Mr. President has picked his nomination form, it is time to hit the ground running. It is time to come all out and ensure that we campaign for the re-election bid of President Jonathan”.
Speaking in the same vein, the Special adviser to President Jonathan on Inter-party Affairs, Senator Ben Obi, said: “I stand in full support of this group as part and parcel of promoting the re-election bid of President Jonathan. This organisation brought a new lease of life when it endorsed President Jonathan. Our duty as aides to Mr. President is to mobilise and ensure that this organisation continues to move forward”.