What is your passion? Whether you’re into basketball, swimming or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU! We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed team at the InterContinental Lagos. (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/new-hotels/lagos). InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travelers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 23 storey hotel will offer uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is a perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveler there is a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos also offer exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities includes a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space. We are currently recruiting our Banquet Sales Executive. Key responsibilities of the role include: As the Banquet Sales Executive, you will promote and produce sales leads; Identify potential clients and maximize on Events and Meetings; Contribute to the targets outlined in the Marketing Plan of the hotel, whilst maintaining guest satisfaction. Assist with negotiating banqueting & catering event orders within approved booking guidelines, and produce all sales contracts and rate agreements. In return we’ll give you a generous financial and benefits package including duty meals, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself. So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
- University degree preferably in marketing or tourism/hospitality management
- Minimum of 3 years Banquet and Events Sales Marketing experience in the international 5* luxury hotel or convention facilities for more than 500 guest.
- Be organized and able to follow up on leads
- Good understanding of the Nigerian/African business and operation environments and markets
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums – presentation, telephone, correspondence, face to face etc. in English and preferably a 2nd language
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations
- Business savvy and good people skills
- Experience in emerging markets / similar hard locations
- Visionary & strategic thinker and ability to convert this to action