LEADWAY ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED (‘LEADWAY’) is one of Nigeria’s foremost insurance service companies, with a reputation for service efficiency and customer reliability.
For over 40 years, LEADWAY has honoured its underwriting commitments and has earned its reputation of excellence in claims handling. The evolution of LEADWAY since 1970 has mirrored the dramatic expansion of indigenous insurance service providers, with LEADWAY remaining in the forefront as an insurer of repute. The reputation enjoyed today by LEADWAY has been attained by the continuing pursuit of improvements to maintain competitive advantage. All aspects of the business are approached with discipline; the recruitment of staff, the development of products, the advancement of technologies and the personal service offered to each client.
General Description of Role
This role will be responsible for developing markets and increasing sales of our insurance products and services, in addition to coordinating operational activities within the branches and leading the branch sales team in retaining existing clients and developing new markets which would have positive impact on profit targets.
This is a senior staff position and the role reports to Commercial Business Development Manager.
Location: South-East, South-West, South-South, North and North Central
1. Execution of the company’s business plan that outlines key initiatives and meeting established budgets associated with revenue growth, profitability and expense control
2. Maintaining and developing relationships with existing Clients and Brokers
3. Responsible for new channels – new brokers/agents to drive new business production, key account retention, new product roll out, and large account prospecting.
4. Developing and maintaining awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
5. Developing and maintaining thorough knowledge of company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offering additional services as appropriate to existing customers in conjunction with assigned brokers/agents.
6. Regularly meeting with sales representatives for review of sales activities and results.
7. Staying abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly.
8. Marketing Intelligence gathering/brand promotion
9. Initiate marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
10. Open business development dialogues with strategic clients with the focus to build large strategic accounts
11. Maintaining relationships with appropriate regulatory bodies
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable candidates should have obtained a minimum of Bachelor’s degree/HND. Higher academic and or professional qualification will be an advantage.
1. Ideal candidate should have minimum of 5 years in business development and marketing financial services product related roles with proven results of business success.
2. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, is key along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
3. Relationship with key customers/brokers/agents in the financial services industry
4. Good knowledge of the financial services industry, especially insurance.