- Contribute towards the enhancement of our vision & implement strategy for the business in Country, starting from identification of products, capability building & business building and expansion plans.
- Establishment and management of Cipla Representative Office, as appropriate.
- Development and implementation of strategic market strategy for Cipla.
- Direct management for sales , marketing contribution including sales and marketing management to ensure agreed targets are met. Development and implementation of medical reps.
- Business Development, leveraging, new product and regulatory strategies for the country.
- Develops and implements country specific operating plans, ensuring achievement of objectives including growth of net sales, gross margin, operating income and capital expenditure.
- Establishment and management of Cipla offices where appropriate
- Achieve financial targets for the country (sales and marktg contribution)
- Review Performance benchmarks on a monthly / quarterly basis and implement corrective measures in the concern areas for the region
- Follows up, contributes and manages on issues of Risk Management & Credit Exposure
- Contributes towards creation of Pricing Strategies which increase the company’s competitive standing and long terms plans.
- Proposes for approval and manages country budgets/expenses, on a consistent basis, updating business plan & sales progress vs. expectations.
- Develops key business strategies consistent with company philosophy and drives implementation via the marketing, sales planning and forecasting processes. Where advantageous, optimises synergies.
- Timely reporting to Regional Head of all key sales, marketing, management, competitive developments on a monthly basis.
- Contributes to the company ‘sales leadership team’ through alignment with the business, positive leadership, managing positive and negative performance and providing solutions to problems.
- Management and control of the field force which may be directly under Cipla or through the distributor in respective countries. Depending on assignment, this includes direct management of Sales Force and/or marketing positions at all levels.
- Develops and self maintains/get involved in customer relationships with key accounts, opinion leaders & key decision makers Levant.
- Drives the development and implementation of the sales plans to ensure:
– Sales analysis tools are institutionalised
– That feedback and market information is gathered and channelled back to management for effective decision making.
– Resources are optimised for maximum efficiency in terms of coverage, segmentation and targeting of the right accounts.
– Drives sales excellence to leverage FF investments
- Responsible to identify opportunities to grow the local business and to prepare relevant business case to get them funded internally.
- Works in alignment with the Company business units and strategy in contributing as appropriate.
- Contributes towards the creation of long term & medium term strategies for various product categories with special focus on deeper participation across the value chain
- Effectively collaborates and oversees back-office activities with logistics, CS, finance, HR and IT to ensure activities are in line with the business realities and objectives.
Business Performance Measurement
- Drives, develops, motivates and manages the different functions within the organization including regulatory and medical affairs. Identifies, coaches and develops a strong leadership team.
- Instills a culture of high performance, quality, ownership and accountability within the workplace.
Customer & Support Operations
- Personal influence and management of Key Account Management & Relationship Management (Internal & External)
- Personally addressing certain key issues / areas to build trust & lead by example
- Develop project management & supply chain strategies
- Contributes towards setting-up distribution network, audit & control; along with the company guidelines.
Supply Chain Management
- Contribution and country representation in Rolling Forecast, S&OP and all relevant company systems and procedures.
- Ensure receivables are in line in minimizing risk and balancing out with expected performance
- Assumes own responsibility of all projects towards efficiencies and rationalization.
- Oversees the development and implementation of tactical/marketing plans:
- Competitive brand positioning.
- Launches new products with excellence
- Embeds pricing policy.
- Develops sustainable contacts amongst industry, professional groups and/or government agencies to ensure Valeant is perceived as the leading player in the market.
Compliance & Customer Service
- Ensure activities comply with legal, professional and ethical standards.
- Champion quality and cost effective customer service standards.
- The Country Manager will ensure that an adequate structure is in place in their respective organisation to carry out pharmaco-vigilance activities.
- Managing as per the company value system and plans.
- Leads / coaches / manages people to ensure business continuity through succession planning
- Work closely with Regional Head,HR & Executive Committee members to establish and implement training needs and programmes.
Skills & Experience
- Strong Line Management and Sales Force Effectiveness Experience
- Management of partner or distributors
- Business Development
- Exposure to Micro & Macroeconomic factor of business environment, would therefore require a strong conceptual and analytical bend of mind to operate in international business environment for the geography
- Minimum 2 years of International Experience of managing in similar role