Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit. We have hundreds of beer, wine and spirits brands – global, local, crafted, authentic, culturally relevant, luxury brands.
Are you prepared to take risks in the pursuit of greatness? Do you hold yourself to the highest standard with real accountability for results? Would you treat the business as if it is truly your own – because you want your legacy to be worthy of that of our founders? If so, let’s talk.
Reports To: Head of Marketing – Spirits/RTD Diageo Brands Nigeria
Role Context:This unique role is responsible for managing the Johnnie Walker trademark in Nigeria.
Johnnie Walker is the largest premium spirits brand by value in the world and in the top 100 best global brands.
In Nigeria Johnnie Walker is the biggest premium brown spirit brand and you will be responsible for driving the transformation in the strength of the brand in Nigeria, making Johnnie Walker the Icon of the new generation.
If You Are The ideal Candidate:
- You’re an experienced and influential marketer who knows branding, communications, and considers all the drivers that will unlock brand growth. You will be as comfortable resolving issues around performance as you are developing brilliant creative work.
- You love the brands you work on and know how to influence and inspire diverse groups of people (from creative directors to sales directors to wholesalers) to listen to and act on them.
- You hold yourself and others accountable for creative that does great things for both the consumer’s lives and the brand’s bottom line. You drive change, work hard, and ruthlessly prioritize, and care about building great relationships.
Dimensions of the Role:
- Accountable for the delivery of the Annual operating plan on Johnnie walker, balancing the delivery of the long-term brand strategy with short-term performance interventions.
- Management and Accountability for implementation of Advertising & Promotion spend, driving for efficiencies and Evaluation across all Brand activities and working closely with procurement in the negotiation of costs with 3 rd parties.
- Leadership and FunctionalResponsibilities
- Leads team to deliver powerful brand plans across the Johnnie Walker trademark
- Accountable for delivery of the annual operating plan
- Ruthless focus on brilliant execution.
- The successful Candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key Diageo Leadership capabilities especially:
- Find solutions – able to use imagination when finding solutions and perusing breakthrough opportunities for the Johnnie Walker brand.
- Performance and execution driven-committed to drive positive change in business performance.
- Grow yourself – committed to the development of yourself and others
- Lead team to deliver powerful brand plans across the Johnnie Walker trademark
- Accountable for delivery of the F15 annual operating plan
- Support Spirits Brand growth with Marketing Manager by implementing the code for growth for Whisky
Qualifications and Experience RequiredQualifications
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline (2nd Class Upper)
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (8 years+)
- Clear understanding of Luxury & Lifestyle brand marketing.
- Experienced level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities
- Experience of working on Status brands & understanding of Execution standards required for the demanding consumer.
- Budget & cost control management
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders and build excellent relationships.
- Not having a positive outlook, not focusing your energy on finding opportunities and solutions that will transform the trajectory of Johnnie Walker in Nigeria.