Saipem is a large and international turnkey contractors in the oil & gas industry.
The Company enjoys a superior competitive position for the provision of EPC/EPCI services to the oil industry both onshore and offshore with a particular focus on the toughest and most technologically challenging projects and activities in remote areas.
Saipem is a global contractor, with strong local presence in strategic and emerging areas such as West Africa, North Africa, Central Asia, Middle East, and South East Asia and it employs over 48,000 people, comprising more than 125 nationalities.
- Execute the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
- Issue the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Control Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Check the preparation of foundations.
- Check the correct preparation of reinforcements.
- Check the certifications regarding element mixes, LASTM test, chemical analysis, grain size analysis.
- Monitor atmospheric conditions during pouring operations.
- Monitor correct curing operations.
- Check the sampling operations (when required).
- Review the laboratory examination results.
- Check sub-grade dry density.
- Check moisture content.
- Check compression strength test.
- Check after execution of casting.
- Check materials quality (wire, fitting, etc.)
- Verify special processes and the relevant workers qualifications.
- Orderly collect, check and manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections carried out witnessing the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
- Check the conformity with the Quality Control Plan and obtain the relevant documentation.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in Civil Engineering or any other related field of study.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in Civil Engineering and Civil Quality Control position.
- Proven skills civil works activities, construction activities, control of instrument calibration; industry standards, quality control activities, quality inspection activities, quality reporting and site material control.
- Proven computer skills.