HealthPlus Limited is Nigeria’s first Integrative Pharmacy and Healthcare provider with over 20 branches located in major cities of Nigeria. We are the fastest growing pharmacy chain in W/Africa and committed to our corporate mission of helping people achieve Optimum Health and Vitality. From inception, HealthPlus has distinguished itself as the Pharmacy of Choice through the provision of high quality healthcare products such as medicines, nutritional supplements, natural remedies, home medical equipment, mobility aids and pharmacy services, by certified and well-informed healthcare professionals, in hygienic environment.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the day to day accounting functions in the company.
To be successful in this role, you must be proactive and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. Your analytical skills and attention to detail coupled with strong communication and people management skills should set you apart.
Key elements of the role
- Report to the Chief Financial Officer
- Manage the Financial Accounting business units: Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Reconciliation and Treasury
- Direct and coordinate all Accounting/Finance functions and activities of the company in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Department.
- Ensure the financial integrity of the statutory accounts
- Ensure compliance with statutory authority and audit requirements.
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting with 7 years minimum experience in a structured organisation 3 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Experience in a fast growing company or in the retail or fast food industry is an advantage
- Professional membership of ACA/ACCA is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High standard of attention to detail
- Good Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Accounting Software packages
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite