We are seeking a talented Investor Relations Consultant to join our team in Lagos.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Lead the growth or our investor relations practice in Nigeria through a strong and structured business development drive and the continued high level servicing of key existing clients.
- Support our clients to effectively engage Nigerian, frontier and global emerging market fund managers and the local and international financial media in order to shape the debate on their share price, build a supportive base of shareholders and raise clients’ profiles in the financial and trade media
- Advise and support investor relations clients to deliver consistent and relevant communication collateral and activities to investors and the financial media.
- Integrate our investor relations services with our wider communications services
The position will cover three primary areas of responsibility:
- Manage assigned accounts effectively and profitably
- Regularly produce key research & Communications documents (investor announcements / press releases; advisory/briefing notes; reports and presentations; perception studies etc.)
- Deliver effective strategies to support positioning of client entities with investors, the production of investor communication and corporate communications collateral and participate in their implementation.
- Manage the day-to-day client handling and consultancy; be the main point of contact for clients, providing counsel and guidance
- Build and sustain relationships with key clients, investor community and financial media contacts
- Leverage current investor, analyst and financial media contacts and strong relationships across the investment community that trades African equities and bonds for day to day requirements, in crisis situations and for sensitive and complex assignments
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality work in line with agreed monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Ensure delivery within budget and timely billing and collections on assigned accounts
- Play a key role in marketing and PR initiatives to generate new business leads in IR and financial communications and to cross sell other related africapractice services.
- Develop proposals,tenders, pitch presentations and write briefing notes
- Own and deliver against a business development target to be defined as part of your annual KPI’s
- Contribute to employee engagement and motivation
- Provide support and coaching to colleagues on best practice in client service and account management
- Help identify innovative ways to improve our tools
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in financial analysis and / or strategic communications (focus on corporate communications and media relations) and proven track record of successful project management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant discipline from a reputable institution
- Excellent consulting skills, crisis management skills, confident international media relations specialist, robust project management skills, astute analytical capability and strategic thinking
- Interest and knowledge of our core sectors essential: financial services, oil & gas, FMCG, agriculture and / or infrastructure in Nigeria and across Africa
- Demonstrable relationships with media outlets (globally and internationally), investors, analysts and editors
- Strong project management and client relationship building skills; proven ability to execute and juggle multiple projects and clients
- Outstanding presentation skills and an ability to market and sell strategic communications services
- Ability to counsel on issues management and serve as a primary contact for clients
- Capability to build and manage complex and sensitive stakeholder relationships
- Strength in coaching, mentoring and developing junior staff
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively to tight deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic working environment
- Proven experience in research and report writing; opinion editorial crafting, speech writing and general copywriting
- Aptitude for problem solving, attention to detail and collaborating with internal subject matter experts to address clients’ issues
- Good inter-personal skills with strong management skills
How to apply
Do you want to join a dynamic and fast growing company? Please send us your CV, together with a cover letter specifying your availability, and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Debbie Adeyemo, with the reference “Lagos IR Consultant”.