Saipem is a large and international turnkey contractors in the oil & gas industry.
The Company enjoys a superior competitive position for the provision of EPC/EPCI services to the oil industry both onshore and offshore with a particular focus on the toughest and most technologically challenging projects and activities in remote areas.
Saipem is a global contractor, with strong local presence in strategic and emerging areas such as West Africa, North Africa, Central Asia, Middle East, and South East Asia and it employs over 48,000 people, comprising more than 125 nationalities.
- Be responsible for the overall project pre‐commissioning scope of work both at Contractor and Sub‐contractor level and engineering and operational level
- Lead the appointed team of subsea pre‐commissioning engineers to achieve a successful project in time and within budget
1) Be responsible for Interface with, provide inputs to and review documents issued by the
- Detail design: review the proposed design of all the incorporated items (valves, connectors, tees, pipes, bends, umbilicals, etc…) as well as the subsea structures design (pipeline termination end, manifold, inline tee, pig launcher and receiver), in order to guarantee their pre‐commissioning‐ability (onshore & offshore) and their piggability during normal operation;
- Interface: assist the project Interface Manager(s) in the issuance/review/expediting of all the interface technical queries related to items free issued by the CLIENT to CONTRACTOR or for operational interfaces with one or several other Contractors(FPSO, OLT, Umbilical, etc…);
- Installation Engineering: provide inputs and support to the methods engineers responsible for the installation procedure related to pre‐commissioning equipment subsea deployment (downline, PLR, caps, SPU) or set‐up on board the support vessel (deck lay outs, sea fastening drawings, etc…);
- Fabrication: Specify the onshore test requirements and review the subsea structures fabrication/testing procedures;
2) To prepare the pre‐commissioning plan, philosophy, specifications and requisitions for the pre‐commissioning activities to be sub‐contracted;
3) To specify and follow‐up the procurement, fabrication and mobilization of the installation aids required for the pre‐commissioning activities;
4) To assist the Sub‐contract Engineer during the Sub‐contract tendering phase on all technical aspects, such as the review of the technical offers, the issuance of tender bulletin and clarifications, the review and approval of the Sub‐Contractors proposed list of
equipment, instrumentation, consumables and personnel;
5) To review and approve the Sub‐Contractor(s) procedures and clarifications/qualifications
6) To coordinate the interfaces between Subcontractors’ equipment spread(s) and the vessels on which they will have to be mobilized;
7) To coordinate and supervise the Sub‐contractor equipment and personnel preparation and
8) To supervise the pre‐commissioning activities performed by the Pre‐commissioning Sub‐ Contractor’s team on site either on offshore/onshore facilities or on installation vessels.
9) To assist the Installation Manager for the operation schedule set‐up and modifications
10) To attend meetings with Client regarding problems arising from pre‐commissioning and commissioning activities
11) To set‐up the mechanical completion management system following COMPANY’s specification and implementation/management of this system during operations;
Skills and Experience
1) Good knowledge of International Standards for offshore pipeline design is preferable, notably:
- DNV OS F101
- SME B31.3, .4 and .8
- ASME VIII Div2
- ISO 13628‐5
- API RP 1110
- API 17D & 17J
2) Knowledge of planning, pipeline/umbilical installation and offshore operations are a plus.
3) Familiarity with the use of the following software is essential:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Microsoft Project
4) Fluency in English is mandatory. Fluency in French or Portuguese is a plus.
5) In addition to substantial skills in the technical discipline, other key requirements are:
- Strong work organization method
- Team working attitude and very good communication skills