Fire Razes Benue College Of Health Sciences

Must Read

Lassa Fever: 24 Killed, 163 Cases Confirmed So Far In January

At least 24 people have died of Lassa fever in the country since the latest outbreak of the disease...

University Of Ibadan Offers Admission To 4,359 Out Of 19,482

The University of Ibadan approved the provisional offer of undergraduate admission to 4,359 candidates for the 2019/2020 academic session. According...

Valencia Hands Barcelona First Defeat Of The Year

Barcelona has been handed their first defeat of the year by Valencia during their domestic league clash at the...

Cross River Polls: INEC Adhoc Staff Abducted By Gunmen

An ad hoc staff member of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Cross River state has been reportedly...

Kelechi Iheanacho Leads Leicester City To FA Cup Fifth Round

Super Eagles forward, Kelechi Iheanacho led Leicester City to the fourth round  of the FA Cup with victory over...

Reports reaching us indicate that the auditorium of College of Health Sciences in Benue State University (BSU), Makurdi was on Sunday night razed down by fire.

According to Daily Trust report, witnesses of the unfortunate incident informed that fire gutted the building where lectures and social events were held at about 10pm.

Confirming the fire incident, the spokesperson of the institution, Tse Vande told newsmen that the incident happened as a result of electrical fault.

Vande disclosed that no lives were lost but that the auditorium was totally burnt by the fire.

It was learnt that spirited efforts of sympathisers and students prevented the fire from razing the entire building of the collage.

Meanwhile, an eyewitness, who craved anonymity, alleged that the fire was caused by what he described as the “I don’t care attitude of management,” which would have been averted “if the simple right things are put in place.”

It was gathered that the university had suffered similarly incident mid-last year when a day time inferno destroyed a female hostel situated in the campus and rendered many students without accommodation.

Below are some of the photos taken from the scene of the fire incident:

qQrPETsTbCdVaiXWbvyyik1s

 

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -