Founded in 2012, Africa Metal and Plastic Recycling was born out of the idea that there needs to be more recycling across Africa. At the moment there is very limited recycling and we want to change this.
We can offer the chance to grow and develop with us. We also offer good benefits and compensation, with the opportunity to travel.
We have a presence in several Nigerian cities and our headquarters is in Lagos.
Africa Metal and Plastic Recycling are looking for a Procurement Manager. Your key role will be buying the raw materials (metals and plastics) to be recycled. The applicant should be prepared to travel.
– Finding and developing strong relationships with new accounts.
– Negotiating prices for materials and setting loading dates/times.
– Attending site visits and inspecting materials loads when required.
– Liaising with Accounts and Logistics departments.
– Making and handling quality claims.
Desired Skills and Experience
– A minimum of two years’ experience in a procurement management role.
– Educated to degree level, or have the equivalent experience with a proven track record of stakeholder management experience.
– Solid procurement management experience and be recognised as a procurement professional with a good understanding of national procurement regulations, standard forms of contracts, consultancy and supply agreements.
– A strong sense of professional integrity is essential.
– Sound negotiation and analytical abilities with proven experience of achieving commercial targets are also essential.