Standard Chartered Bank – We’re a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
The Job holder will under the supervision of the Head of Client Acquisition – Africa to drive the Market engagement for Africa (with primary focus in Nigeria) by:
* ensuring that local Relationship Managers are adequately trained to refer prospects which meet the criteria to become a Standard Chartered Bank Jersey (SCBJ), Priority International Client (PIC).
* being the first point of contact for all referrals made to SCBJ
* supervise the performance of RMs by keeping track of referrals and their success rate (conversion rate)
* ensure that pitches and follow-ups to prospective clients are consistent and logged into the System
* driving AUM growth in Jersey by targeting the market and generating new business in both high value and quality and does not conflict with Priority Banking deposits / Investments (clients with international wealth and banking needs)
* Being able to build own network in each country – through personal knowledge and experience
* Being able to provide an appropriate level of information (regarding services offered by SCBJ) required by a prospective client
* actively promoting SCB Jersey to prospective clients.
* Interface with local Relationship Managers (“RMs) for:
* Prospect Management – handle all referrals from locally based RMs for their clients who are interested in offshore banking
* Pre-approval of prospects – ensure prospects being referred meet PIC Jersey criteria
* Feedback on prospects/applications – ensure that all business is accurately tracked and monitored. Feedback to be given to local RM (responsible for referral) on unsuccessful applications.
* Obtaining some initial KYC information and documentation before account opening pack is sent to Jersey
* Involved in arrangement of client/local network events
* Collateral co-ordination in markets covered
* Continually train local branch staff and local RMs (on the type of Banking needs being offered, calibre of prospects, etc)
* Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all Group in-country staff to encourage high calibre referrals
* Arrange client/local network meetings along with Team Leader, Acquisition and where necessary Senior SCBJ personnel.
* Carry out prospecting activity through all available channels.
* New target Asset under Management (AUM) raised to be agreed with Regional Market Manager, Africa Sales
* Quality and good New To Bank (NTB) client accounts annually (Number of new accounts per month to be agreed in Job Objectives)
* Conversion rate of clients for every number of prospect meetings held
* Turn Around Time (TAT) on account opened (client experience), and reduction in account application rejection rates (Zero), NTB clients to begin funding their new account and NTB clients to make their first investment (within 3 months of account being funded). This will be done by ensuring each new client is made aware of services offered by SCBJ
* Referral of Agents/Professionals on yearly basis to the Regional Market Manager, Africa Sales.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required:
* Proven track record of sales activity
* Strong presentation skills
* Positive customer service mentality
* Planning and organizational skills
* Relationship building / Management skills
* Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills.
* Ability to manage Stakeholders at all levels.
* Sound knowledge of Banking products, services and procedures.
* Should be a Team player and demonstrate initiative and assertiveness.
* Self-motivator who is keen to upgrade and improve personal knowledge and skill to meet the job requirement.
* High level of integrity and professionalism
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.