Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
PURPOSE / ROLE
KEY AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Prime responsibilities and duties
- The primary responsibilities for this role will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Full responsibility for profit & loss for the Fabrication and Construction division.
- Providing clear business plans and strategies for growth.
- Manage the overall fabrication operations by offering technical and commercial leadership
- Responsible operationally to ensure the delivery of:
- Appropriate Quality Management processes and procedures, compliant with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Ensure Fabrication and Construction departments meet all HSSE and QA/QC regulations and are strictly followed to ensure all employees are working in a safe environment.
- Ensure all tools are available so that quality, cost and schedule targets can be met.
- Ensure effective resourcing planning is implemented and that resource skills match current and future resource requirements through training.
- Able to guide the team of workshop managers, production planning engineers, supervisors and technicians in process improvement techniques and continuous improvement programs
- Capable of identifying costs such as indirect, direct, fixed, variable, capital etc. in order to arrive at actual cost of production for all processes involved in the fabrication operations in consultation with Accounts Department so that preparation of estimates for both internal and external clients can be facilitated.
- Capable of guiding the team in the preparation of tenders.
- Familiar with all aspects of fabrication factory management including manpower & material planning, process optimization and adoption of industry best practices etc.
- Review documents relating to production processes, procedures and policies and amend them as necessary to enhance the overall efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Acquire, motivate and develop the team including recruitment of additional personnel and organizing mentoring and job-specific training in consultation with HR department, ensuring that the Company’s commitment to National Content Development are met.
- Ensure that the Fabrication division develops maintains and constantly improves its relationship with key third party sub-contractors and JV partners as required to deliver the service.
- Defines and elaborates the scope of work for external contracting and in-house execution for all phases of the work.
- Senior management team of Nigerdock
- Supporting disciplines, e.g. facilities and procurement
- Key Vendors and Service Providers
The ideal candidate will have at least 20 years’ experience of oil and gas multi-discipline fabrication and construction projects execution. In addition, you must have:
- A minimum of at least 5 years in the position of the full operation of a large fabrication yard.
- Must have significant experience at a senior level within a medium sized company having delivered to Blue Chip clients or a blue chip organization with specific accountabilities in integrated fabrication yard operations and the associated financial and commercial management of the yard.
- Experience of International based assignments with demonstrable evidence of being able to mentor other nationals effectively and be committed to mentoring locals.
- Be able to demonstrate highest delivery standards in management of Quality Assurance and HSE.
- University degree in a related field is essential.