Buhari Will Give The Poorest Nigerians N7500 Monthly – APC

Muhammadu Buhari

As Muhammadu Buhari awaits his May 29 inauguration, the All Progressives Congress (APC) says work has started in earnest by the president-elect and his vice, to solve the problems facing the country.

According to a statement by the party, the incoming government will focus on poverty eradication, creation of jobs among other crucial areas needing the attention of the government.

“Chief among these programmes include plans to curb poverty by creating jobs and setting up social welfare schemes that cater to the poorest Nigerians. One of these schemes is a Conditional Cash Transfer that pays N5000 – N7500 monthly to 25 Million of the poorest Nigerians over the next four years as long as they send their children to school and get them immunized. Another provides free meals to children in primary schools nationwide while there are plans to stimulate the Agricultural sector and institute a National Health Insurance Scheme that provides healthcare cover for poor people for just N500-N1000 yearly contribution,” the statement read.

The APC said the efforts are to ensure the promises made to the people are fulfilled. Also, the new government will ensure that it employs the best brains to work with him, especially “in powerful positions in Ministries and parastatals where the country needs progressive and definitive action in areas like Power, Education and Agriculture to mention just a few”.

Buhari and Osinbajo have already begun screening people who are being considered for the position.

The statement said that “the APC remains committed to executing its signature programmes – huge policy and social initiatives that cannot be hijacked. The incoming regime has made it clear that tokenism will not solve the major problems that ail the country”.

Tags from the story
APC, buhari, May 29, nigeria, Osinbajo

18 Comments

  • God has definately landed a messiah for Nigerians. My fear for Buhari is the type of pple around him.Only 2% of APc members are fresh wine. The remaining 98% are old wine in a new battle. The same PDP group that waisted our 16years development economically are finding means of submitting the list of GMB ministers. Look at OBJ,Atiku, Amaechi and thousands defecting on daily basis with their PDP mentality. Iam affraid, especially that Baba GMB is ageing and might not be energetic to confront them,while Pastor Osibanjo would be too small to confront them politically. At the extreme of it,they may terminate Osibanjo to ease their ways of looting.I’m afraid of OBJ around that corner.

  • 5000naira for 25million people is 125billion naira monthly. Buhari has a plan to start paying Almajiris. Amnesty in disguise. Well we are waiting for him. Let him start first he will hear from us.

  • Oh God please make this possible and put enemies of this country to shame. People are tired.
    We want to be that regional super power in reality this time in fulfilment of our foreign policy objectives.
    This may sound impossible to some because little do they know Nigeria’s revenue capacity and how much Nigeria looses by our politicians on daily basis.

  • How does this act ensure that they don’t depend on this hand out ,4ever.and in Nigeria with no accurate data..ur guess is as good as mine..let’s Wait and see.

  • Please, Buhari, reduce the cost of procuring Nigerian international passport from the present #25,000.00-#30,000.00. to at least #10,000.00. This can be part of poverty alleviation too.

  • APC WE BELIEVE YOU CAN SAVE OUR DEAR COUNTRY FROM SELF DONE COLLAPSE MASTER MINDED BY THE PDP,ATLAST CHANGE AND TRUE LIBRATION HAS ARRIVED UP BUHARI, WE LUV THE GMB AND OSINBAJO FOR TOTAL CHANGE

  • WE PRAYED 4 A SAVIOUR 2 ARRIVED NOW APC HAS PROMISE 2 SAVE NIGERIA THAT HAS ALREADY GONE TO THE DOGGS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *