Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2014 carried nearly 14.8 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to more than 100 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia, and the Americas. Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia, Aer Lingus, Air Serbia and Jet Airways, Alitalia, and is in the process of formalising equity investments with Swiss-based Etihad Regional*. For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com.
This position will be responsible for the commercial organisation and to maximize revenue and profit generation via all distribution channels, through the most effective and innovative sales and marketing campaigns through dynamic and effective leadership. Be a brand ambassador and ensure Etihad Airways is positioned as a professional, high quality and unique airline with the highest levels of customer service to our guests, meeting all legal, Governmental and other requirements and regulations.
Your responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Meet & exceed revenue & profitability targets, maximizing sector & network revenue & yield and focusing on achieving optimum route profitability.
- Ensure sales and marketing resources, call patterns and areas of focus are those with the highest incremental revenue and profit.
- Ensure all sales distribution channels are fully exploited to Etihad’s benefit
- Develop and implement sales & marketing strategies that ensure key revenue, cost and profitability targets are met, with a level playing field for selling partners.
- Develop and maintain effective brand positioning and brand equity, in line with Etihad’s aim to be a high quality and unique airline.
- Collect, collate, feedback and act upon market intelligence.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the travel trade, corporate, guests, governments, ministries, etc.
- Motivate, coach and lead the commercial team to exceed targets
Desired Skills and Experience
University degree, preferably in business administration, excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written. Minimum 10 years airline experience, including 5 years at management level with a proven track record in airline sales, marketing, reservations & revenue management processes
- Excellent management skills, process & people management
- You should have cultural awareness, preferably from working in multiple & across cultural groups.
- You must have ability to communicate & negotiate diplomatically & successfully at the highest levels of Government & Civil Aviation organizations
- A vocational training to complement the above mentioned qualifications, education & experience
- Fluency in in English is mandatory