Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars – Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management.
Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nigeria with that of IBTC Chartered Bank PLC. Stanbic IBTC Bank is a major financial service provider engaged in personal banking, business banking, credit cards, corporate banking, non-interest banking and wealth and investment banking in Nigeria.
Treasury Risk & Control Officer
SCOPE OF ROLE
This is an internal function which will drive the framework, oversight and monitoring of the control environment across the treasury functions from end to end. It will work in partnership with the Head Office Control as well as Operations Control to mitigate risk in transactions and the underlying processes across the Treasury functions from the front office functions to the back office.
The focus will be to mitigate market risk, credit risk and operational risk through a number of control and monitoring processes. Important stakeholders includes: Global Market front Office, Global Market Operations, Asset and Liability Management, Market Risk, Internal Audit, Compliance, Legal, Reconciliation and External Audit, etc. The role holder will need to develop these relationships in order to maintain / establish efficient and robust operating models both in and outside of Operations Services.
- Maintain a culture within the bank that emphasizes and demonstrates the importance of internal control to all staff.
• Carry out periodic spot checks at the dealing room to promote bank’s control visibility and inculcate sense of control awareness in the dealers
• Review daily and suggest improvements to operational controls in processes and procedures.
• Ensure the establishment and maintenance of systems and procedures to monitor and measure the compliance of Trading/Banking Book risks with the limits and guidelines set in the Liquidity risk policy, Market Risk policy and the Banking book interest rate risk policy.
• Ensure effective compliance with agreed limits of authority and levels of access to systems and information in daily transactions processing for market dealers and other processors.
• Maintain day-end and month-end data to enable reporting on current and historical compliance or non-compliance with limits and guidelines, with appropriate commentary over daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual periods.
• Give prompt attention to breaches of limits and guidelines, including the development of risk mitigation strategies.
• Review and Assess bank’s funding plan, including modelling alternative funding strategies.
• Ensure that all routine controls relating to new products developments and business developments in Global Market are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
• Review of past audit and regulatory reports in Global Market (Operations and Front Office) to identify exceptions raised and monitor remedial action/ compliance and ensure adequate controls to avoid repeat findings
• Review money market deal slips/transactions such as treasury bills, interbank placements/takings and bonds etc
• Review of all blotters maintained by the Global Market in respect of FX, Money Market and Securities related deals to ensure that all traded deals are booked and captured in the system
• Review of CBN reconciliation to ascertain that all trades (money market and fixed income securities) settle as expected and that the net settlement figures are credited or debited to the account accordingly.
• Daily review of the bank’s net open position limit and foreign exchange exposure to ascertain that both internal and regulatory limits are not exceeded.
• Review of fixed income securities (Treasury bills & Bonds) and ensure that the securities are correctly recognized in the banks’ books in line with FIRS standard
• Monitoring of all Global Market Suspense accounts to ensure that no item is outstanding beyond timelines allowed by policy.
• Schedule review of records maintained in the voice-logger device in respect of the bank’s dealers’ conversations on deals done with the counterparties
• Work in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure that potential risks and controls are adequately identified and measured appropriately via the KRI, KCI & RCSA processes.
• Improve functionality of the control processes by playing a full end to end role (identification, testing, reporting and implementation of initiatives).
• Support and work for the timely closure of findings raised by Internal and External Audit.
• Prompt Rendition of control activity report weekly.
• Liaises with business stakeholders in ensuring that regulatory, group policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to minimise the Bank’s exposure to risk.
• Establish and maintain the Mission Critical Processes (MCP), sub-processes and underlying controls needed to effectively manage control across the bank.