Tenaris is a leading supplier of tubes and related services for the world’s energy industry and certain other industrial applications with Manufacturing Facilities in 15 countries, Research and Development Centers in 15 countries and Service & Distribution networks in more than 30 countries
Job Title: Institutional Relations Coordinator
- Lead the Company’s local content strategy for compliance and competitiveness including proactive engagement with regulatory and government agencies to ensure a level playing ground for all players in the industry.
- Interface with regulatory bodies to obtain approval for contracting/procurement activities
- Assess Nigerian Content compliance in contracting and procurement activities, produce assessment reports and highlight exceptions
- Coordinate the review of Nigerian Content plans, reports and procurement/contract activities requiring regulatory approval to ensure compliance with legislation and company Nigerian content development policy.
- Prepare Nigerian content performance reports and transmit to appropriate authority for internal operations and regulatory compliance.
- Collate and analyze contracts, procurement and logistics business statistics to measure performance.
- Follow emerging statutory requirements on local content and map compliance strategies
- Analyzes and reviews the design of institutional events in compliance with internal guidelines and established procedures
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Graduate caliber with minimum of 8 years post qualification relevant experience in a similar role
- Proven understanding of Local Content as a Strategic driver of the business outcomes
- Proven knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry and its regulatory institutions
- High commercial focus and acumen
- Experience in a contracting/procurement/business development position in a reputable company is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership traits, influencing and negotiation skill
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ineffective communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Inability to forge strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders