Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
Responsible for monitoring of network elements, follow up on escalated failures until resolution, Control the implementation of all job orders that take place within the network, generate daily reports of failures exceeding defined KPI, and follow through on all customer complaints.
• 24 x 7 monitoring, logging, handover and escalation of network alarms and events.
• Follow up on the reported problem.
• Ensure that all the services providers strictly follow the SLA and report any deviation.
• Co-ordinate/Liaise with all the various NOC providing service to Airtel.
• Monitor progress of problem solving activities
• Management of service related problem
• All network changes/configuration are documented and follow through.
• Provide regular update on the state of the network
• Technical escalation of problem to service providers
• Information escalation to Airtel management
• Information escalation to Airtel customer care
• Sign off of all network outages.
• Generate daily reports of failures exceeding defined KPI
• Support to resolve customer’s complaint.
• Provide Emergency/Monthly/weekly network reports
• Collate weekly outages, alarm and backups
• Measure KPIs of the Networks and report variance.
• Monitor Network node availability
• Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times
Skills & Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
• At least 2 years Networks Operational experience in GSM environment.
• Technical knowledge on Network Elements (Switching Systems, MPBN, SIGTRAN, SIP,Transmission, IN and VAS)
• Basic troubleshooting skills on Network Elements.
• Experience in different network vendor area, such as Ericsson, Huawei, NSN etc.
• Good Team spirit.
• Action oriented.
• Attention to details.
• Personally motivated.
• Proactive spirit.
• Getting it right the first time.