Bristow Group Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated, and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. Bristow has proudly served the offshore oil transport industry in major exploration and production arenas for more than 50 years and has been responsible for many industry-leading technological innovations.
Job Title: Planning & Performance Manager – Africa Region
- To be responsible for the provision of world class analysis and information to drive performance improvement and decision making processes within the Africa Region.
- To take responsibility for providing Financial, Resource & Operational Planning within the Africa region.
- To be a key stakeholder in the drive to achieve Operational Excellence for the Africa region.
- To be fully responsible and accountable with the whole Africa team for achievement of Safety, Client Promise, Operational and Financial Targets and in doing so deliver on our commitments to our clients and shareholders.
- To be responsible with other Planning & Performance team members for developing standardized reporting globally.
- Formulation of Africa Short Term Plan (STP – One Year Commercial / Finance / Operational / Manpower / Capital Asset Plan) to include all local cost center planning.
- Forecasting – formulation and preparation of all Africa forecasts / updates to forecasts (Commercial / Financial)
- Long Term Planning (5 Year Plan – Formulation and preparation of 5 year Commercial / Financial / Operational / Manpower / Capital Asset Plan with full interaction/consultation with all Africa functional areas in business unit)
- Root Cause/Deep Dive Analysis of Key Financial Variances on monthly actual results – to include causes/determinants/control and performance enhancement recommendations for Africa area.
- Contributor to the achievement of Target Zero objectives for the Region Unit and to play a full part in the safety performance of the Business Unit.
- Preparation of all Africa AFE’s and Capital Projects for sign off by senior Business Unit management
- Preparation and evaluation of Business Cases for all major capital expenditure in the Africa region
- In conjunction with Marketing and Sales function, maintain CRM application with up to date Americas market and client specific data and assist in maintaining a current Africa client contracts register
- Africa region Headcount Reporting & Analysis and development of Iconnect to enhance analytics/reporting – to include full automation of reporting and on system reporting of total cost to company analysis
- Key Costings and Performance & Utilization Analysis for all Africa resources.
- Responsibility for Operating Capital Management for the region.
- Managing the business performance at a cost center level.
- Life Cycle Aircraft Cost Analysis
- Local BVA/Financial Training Champion
- Maintain Africa region demand schedules in conjunction with all functional workgroups
- Professional Business or Accounting Qualification desirable (CPA,MBA, CA Or equivalent business qualifications)
- Degree level minimum
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of business experience reflecting progressive growth in financial/operational team positions.
- Experience in coordinating planning and forecasting processes
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strategic Agility – Demonstrates ability to see ahead clearly while anticipating future consequences and trends accurately.
- Mental Agility – Must have strong analytical capabilities.
- Organizational Agility – Capable of accumulating knowledge about the organization/industry quickly with a clear understanding of how to get things done both internally and externally.
- Collaboration Agility – Must have a history of working successfully with other personnel and communicating on all levels of the organization. Must have the ability to relate and work alongside employees at all levels of the organization.