University of Port Harcourt, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into M.Sc. Pipeline Engineering and M.Sc. Offshore Engineering and M.Sc Subsea Engineering for 2015/2016 Session.
The Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt (OTI-UNIPORT) is a Postgraduate energy Institute offering educational support and direction to the Oil and Gas Industry through the development and delivery of leadership, management and technical education specifically relevant to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. It partners with Society for Underwater Technology (SUT) and FMC Technologies to carry out Teaching, Research and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) directed at the sustainability of the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Its aim is to provide skilled and competent manpower resource relevant to the needs of the energy industry in Nigeria & abroad.
Graduate Programmes of the Institute
• The Institute offers M.Sc Programmes in Pipeline Engineering, Offshore Engineering and Subsea Engineering in collaboration with FMC Technologies. The environment in the Institute is conducive to learning, students have access to audio visual aids, e-learning and internet facilities. Our Students undergo: 3-months internship in relevant companies, underwater training such as BOSIET/HUET and field visits. Students are encouraged to live and work together thereby enhancing the development of team spirit. Our Teaching Staff consists of Lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), other Universities in Nigeria, Lecturers from Professional Institutions abroad, as well as experts from the Industry.
At the end of this programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
• Work methodologically and logically to solve real-life problems in the face of conflicting requirements.
• Evaluate, explore and manage offshore oil and gas fields.
• Design, construct and install multiphase flow pipelines and risers, umbilicals and jumpers.
• Operate and supervise onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities.
• Carry out BOSIET /HUET.
• Use ORCAFLEX / PIPEPHASE / PDMS software.
• The Programme shall be 12 calendar months of intensive full time study or 36 months of flexible Part-Time study.
Award of Degree
• Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
• Students will be presented for Offshore Petroleum Training Organization (OPITO) Certification.
• Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Second Class Honors (Upper Division), in any branch of Engineering and should have completed their NYSC before October, 2015.
• Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5yrs relevant experience with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a scale of 5.0.
Important Dates to Remember
(Any changes will be communicated by e-mail)
• Completed Application Forms must be returned to: The Director, Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, on or before Friday, July 10, 2015.
• Aptitude Test holds on Friday, 24th July, 2015. Date for Oral Interview for short-listed candidates shall be displayed on our website and communicated via SMS and email.
• Academic activities shall commence in November, 2015.
Application Deadline : 10th July, 2015.
A non- refundable Application Processing Fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (=N= 20, 000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt.
A hard copy of the completed Form along with the Bank Draft should also be submitted in person or via courier to:
Offshore Technology Institute (OTI),
ETF Gas Engineering Building,
University Park (UNIPARK),
P.O.Box 50, Uniport Post Office,
University of Port Harcourt,
Candidates are expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF, TETFUND, State/ Federal Scholarship Boards and other sponsoring agencies.
For enquiries contact: email@example.com , +234 (0)705 3058 407