FMDQ OTC PLC (“FMDQ”) is a Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered OTC securities exchange and self-regulatory organisation with the strategic intent of bringing about revolutionary changes and fostering the development of the Nigerian fixed income and currency markets. The company promotes market development in the Nigerian financial markets, with a primary focus on the OTC markets – fixed income (money, treasury bills, commercial papers, bonds and repos), currencies and derivatives, thereby bringing Nigeria’s fixed income and currency operations under a single market governance structure.
With a vision of becoming No. 1 in Africa in the Fixed Income and Currency markets and a mission to empower the financial markets to be innovative and credible, in support of the Nigerian economy, FMDQ is positioned to drive global competitiveness by deepening its markets through product innovation and institutionalising robust market governance. In furtherance of our product and market development mandate, it has become imperative for FMDQ to institute and drive a fully sponsored education program for the Nigerian financial market stakeholders – governments, regulators, operators, investing public, media and students in support of its sustainability strategy and corporate vision.
FMDQ therefore seeks to hire an individual with a strategic perspective on leveraging education to drive market development.
Job Title: Head, FMDQ Academy
Reports to: Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Key purpose: To drive sustainability by rallying financial market participants in alignment with FMDQ’s product innovation and market development agenda through developing, planning and managing FMDQ Academy’s strategic, financial, technical and administrative functions to a high standard, ensuring that these functions support the management of the Academy in an efficient and effective manner. The role will be responsible for driving the Academy’s work in relation to curriculum development and faculty engagement for a forward-looking approach to the development of financial market stakeholders and the active engagement and involvement of stakeholders.
- Embody the vision, aims, and core values of the Academy and provide strategic advice to MD/CEO
- Provide overall leadership to ensure that stakeholder access to learning resources is in alignment with FMDQ’s educational imperatives
- Conduct Learning Needs Analysis by identifying core competencies of stakeholders and subsequently leveraging competency mapping/gap analyses to enhance training programme development
- Conduct periodic assessments of the training curriculum in alignment with FMDQ’s prevailing corporate objectives, thereby ensuring the deployment of appropriate learning programmes that promote a knowledge-sharing and quality-conscious culture among all market participants
- Ensure the deployment of a strategy-aligned, robust, cost-effective and integrated Learning Management System (LMS) for efficient and end-to-end training administration
- Establish and maintain a training assessment system for training providers to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of learning outcomes; and implement enhancements as required
- Forge and maintain strong long-term relationships with external partners for training design and delivery, as well as other stakeholder groups
- Identify and obtain alternative funding sources for the Academy
- Implement the Education Program endorsed by the Governing Council (GC) of the Academy
- Report periodically to the GC on progress recorded and challenges faced by the Academy
- Implement an effective Communication Plan to promote the strategic value and benefits of the Academy
- Maintain the security of all information assets entrusted to the Academy, and comply with organisational and industry security policies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Humanities, Human Resources, Education, Organisational Development or any related field
- Post graduate degree and relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of eight (8) years in a learning and development role in a corporate university or a field relevant to the duties of the position such as the fields of human resources, training, education, or organisational development role
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience leading the training/development initiatives of an organisation
- Human resources senior management experience in the financial services industry, learning and development (including training function implementation) and consulting exposure. Familiarity with training needs analysis, adult learning concepts, and knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for delivering e-learning and classroom-based learning solutions will be highly desirable
- Experience in stakeholder management and operation of financial, personnel, facilities and administrative/organisational/ procedures
- Experience in business development and change management
- Experience in manpower development, curriculum planning and training administration with proven ability to lead by example and foster collaborative partnerships
COMPETENCY AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions
- Strong planning and project management skills and the ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across stakeholder groups
- Ability to perform and interpret needs analyses, and translate the findings into actionable next steps
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills
- Must be highly resourceful, personable, creative and very energetic, and should possess superior intelligence and passion
- Have strong IT appreciation and the ability to manage a technology-driven learning program (e- learning rather than classroom-based)
The right candidate for this job position will have oversight responsibility for the implementation of learning strategies, programmes and initiatives to promote FMDQ’s sustainability, current and future product and market development agenda, and will ensure stakeholders acquire the requisite knowledge, technical skills and competencies.
Relative to the organisational goals and policies, as well as specific performance targets set by the Governing Council, periodically the candidate will measure and report on the success, progress and challenges of the Academy’s services.
All applications must be submitted on or before Wednesday, July 15, 2015 and sent by email email@example.com with the job title stated in the subject line of the email. Each Application must include:
- A cover letter with applicant’s contact information
- Applicant’s updated curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant credentials and certificates
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.