The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN), a leading indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels, is looking for a Financial Assistant. The Assistant will work in the Finance Department of the Institute to support its various thematic units in making sure that adequate measures are in place for controlling and safeguarding the assets of Institute.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Finance Assistants
OPENING DATE: July 2nd, 2015
CLOSING DATE: July 17th, 2015
OFFICE/DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
SCHEDULED WORK TIMES: Monday – Friday
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR/REPORTS TO: Finance Officer
- Bachelor’s degree or a Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- A minimum of two years post-qualification experience on the job/similar assignment
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria or similar profession qualification is not required but possession of such may be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to be use initiative (be proactive)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Successful applicants will undergo financial and criminal background check and will be required to secure fraud insurance bond and a surety who must be a blood relative.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for:
- Coordination of all financial transactions at the state and regional offices
- Maintenance of Cashbooks and Petty Cash for various Grants
- Preparation of Monthly Grants Reports; budget , payments, tracking of expenses and generation of budget/actual variance reports
- Documentation and workflow preparation
- Management and administration of accounts payable transactions
- Bank reconciliation of grant accounts
- Preparation of monthly sites disbursement
- Assist the Regional Finance Officer in all regional transactions
- Capture vouchers into ACCPAC directly from the regional office
- Follow up of bank transactions
- Photocopy and dispatch of vouchers to Head Office.
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the. Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com .
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.