Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc – is the foremost indigenous Oil and Maritime Services Company in Nigeria.
It is the only maritime company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and offers services in Oil & Gas, Maritime, Dredging and the Construction Industry in Nigeria with subsidiaries located in other parts of the globe.
Job Title: Head, Operations
- Manages major Downstream Petroleum Products (DPP) purchasing and sales activity and formulates market strategy to identify and act upon supply chain opportunities focusing on asset optimization.
- Accountable for consistently meeting targeted DPP delivery schedules, profitability and optimization targets.
- Support importation, logistics and sales of fuel and allied products.
- Coordinates logistical arrangements with logistics team to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of DPP.
- Prepare and present monthly forecasts and purchase price variance analysis.
- Conduct day-to-day activities of DPP trading by tracking and monitoring market movements.
- Source, develop and manage domestic and international supplier relationships to ensure uninterrupted DPP supply.
- Establish and sustain strong relationships with relevant industries parties and counterparties to develop business opportunities within the oil & gas trading arena.
- Negotiates contracts for purchase/sale of DPP.
- Negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis according to guidelines given.
- Interact with company management involved in the trading/commercial activity.
- Gathers and reports competitive intelligence on underlying supply and demand forces impacting business activities.
- Support trading strategies by using fundamental model analysis or trades with reputable counterparties that are back to back in nature.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in petroleum products purchase, supply and oil & gas trading required.
- Having penchant for undertaking analysis, mathematics, tracking and reporting skills.
- Graduates in a related field.
- A master’s degree or relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.