13 Army Generals Get Scared Of Buhari, Set To Return Stolen Funds

Must Read

‘Witchcraft Is A Myth, It Doesn’t Exist’ – Leo Igwe

A group, Advocacy for Alleged Witches (AFAW) has said that witchcraft does not exist and that the concept is...

GTBank’s MD/CEO, Segun Agbaje To Speak At Social Media Week On Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Guaranty Trust Bank plc, Segun Agbaje, is set to lead a...

Obaseki Is Training Militia Group In Edo: APC

The rift between the Edo state chapter of the ruling All Progressive Congress(APC) and its state governor, Godwin Obaseki...

Vanessa Bryant Sues Helicopter Company Over Husband, Daughter’s Deaths

Vanessa Bryant has sued Island Express to court after the company’s helicopter crashed in Calabasas last month, leading to...

Liverpool Secure Comeback Victory Against West Ham

Liverpool survived a rare night of struggle to overcome West Ham United and move closer to a first premier...

Thirteen retired army generals that are are expected to be interrogated by the probe panel set by President Muhammadu Buhari have already approached some members of the board for friendly settlement of the matter than appearing before the panel.

Muhammadu Buhari

It should be noted that the arms procurement investigation was set up to probe contracts executed during the administrations of late president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan.

Nigerian Pilot reports that a former National Security Adviser is supposedly the point of the negotiation, if the members of the panel will accept their request.

The security source said that the 13 retired military chiefs are willing to return N1 trillion to the federal authorities as part of the plea bargain agreement.

The source added that the chairman of the probe panel is yet to take a decision on the proposal given to him by the affected accused generals.

Not less than 19 ex military chiefs are to be interrogated by the panel.

They are five Chiefs of Defence Staff, 14 Service Chiefs; four National Security Advisers, NSAs and eight former Ministers of Defence. The probe has caused panic among retired military chiefs who coordinated arms procurement in the last eight years.

The Buhari administration has ordered that tight security be given for members of the panel. The task is comprehensive. It will run through many governments.

The source further said: “The probe will require looking into the administrations of five Chiefs of Defence Staff, 14 Service Chiefs; four National Security Advisers and eight former ministers. It is a Herculean task.

 “Already, there is panic in the circle of retired military officers on the intent of the evaluation of arms purchase. Some of these former military chiefs have reached out to panel members to allow them have access to relevant documents.”

“All arms deals were not subjected to the nation’s procurement laws even though the late President Umaru Yar’Adua specifically said there should be no due process waiver for the military.”

Source: Naij

- Advertisement -
Ad ==> Discover how a young Nigerian graduate now makes a consistent 40k per week doing a legitimate online business. You too can start yours now, click here!!!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -