Pagatech was founded in early 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank the unbanked in Africa. Our first product offering, Paga, is a direct to consumer mobile payments service. Paga is an innovative, open, secure, and interoperable mobile payments platform that allows any person who has a mobile phone to transact electronically – thus turning the mobile phone into an electronic wallet.
Job Title: Finance Systems Accountant
Position: Finance Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Career Level: 4-6 years of experience working in a similar role.
The Finance Systems Accountant will provide support to department activities with specific responsibility for maintaining accurate records of accounting with a view of ensuring timely, consistent and effective reports necessary to assist decision making. The ideal candidate will work to ensure alignment between all finance reporting, identifying any dataset anomalies and address any underlying financial system reporting processes deficiencies. This role will utilize good team work, strong analytical skills, accounting knowledge, systems knowledge, time management and effective problem solving skills to ensure success. The systems accountant will act as an interface between the finance team and the technical team.
- Review of financial requirements on new business product requests for the accounting design and required reports applicable to the operating systems and data feeding into corporate accounting systems.
- Will hold regular update meetings with the finance team and train finance staff on new/upgraded processes on the system accounting
- Manage internal controls and processes for system financial data audits and validation enquiries
- Work closely with Product Innovation and Quality Assurance teams in drafting business cases relating to financial systems or data; testing and post implementation reviews
- Liaise with Operations Support team on systems bugs or anomalies reported by the finance team
- Work within the scope of the department’s policies, processes and procedures to analyze and ensure all financial transactions are accurately captured
- Working closely with the finance managers to ensure that both new and existing financial features /transactions/ reports on the PAGA system re properly utilized
- Continuously monitor and manage improvement of financial features and reports.
- Keep abreast of regulatory updates and ensure compliance
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate good combined knowledge of information technology, accounting and finance practices.
- Forensic attention to detail, proactive and be a problem solver
- Must possess intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure , meet agreed timelines and respond effectively to requests for financial information / reports for the finance department team and budget holders
- Multi task and manage competing priorities
- Self-driven and hardworking
- Ability to communicate complex issues logically with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Accounting or Business concentration; or First Degree in another concentration with at least 3 years of financial system and general accounting experience.
- Certification or relevant work experience with Information Systems Auditing
- 3 – 6 years in either Auditing, Financial Information Technology, System Data Analyst, Quality Assurance, or similar role with a reputable and structured business environment.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC