FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) is one of the projects under FHI 360. MAPS focuses on supporting
the development of infrastructure, resources, systems, and the technical and management capacities necessary for effective malaria control. The project is implemented by three partners and FHI 360 is the lead implementing partner. MAPS project is a five year project which took effect from October 1, 2010; the project recently secured a one year no-cost extension and would be rounding up by September 30, 2016.
- Review existing database of malaria data and provide recommendations for improvement
- Ensure feedback is provided to states and quality of data improved.
- Regularly analyze state data to provide trend of indicators used for monitoring of malaria service data.
- Regularly provide state reports for national review at the M&E sub-committee and the mTWG as may be required.
- Provide technical support to all departmental activities irrespective of sponsor but ensure activities are coordinated, implemented as planned and not abandoned mid-way.
- Support operational research priorities development and a link with the research communities in the key malaria interventions to help inform policy decisions.
- Draw up quarterly work plan from the branch Annual Operational Plan.
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports to the National Coordinator, NMEP through the Branch Head, M&E branch; and the Chief of Party MAPS through M&E Advisor.
- Analyzed state data for programmatic review and provide feedback.
- Monitor and present key indicators every quarter by set criteria.
- Provide technical support to all branch activities irrespective of sponsor but ensure activities are coordinated, implemented as planned and not abandoned mid-way.
- Provide capacity building in form of training and mentoring as required.
- Mentor relevant M&E officers in carrying out all the tasks identified above with the aim of ensuring that the M&E branch can fulfil these functions independently in the shortest possible time.
- Any other duty assigned
- 1st degree in Medicine or other relevant fields with Masters in Public Health. A PhD experience in Public Health, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ experience in assessment design & implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programs;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and database management especially DHIS;
- Demonstrable experience with statistical software packages (Stata, SPSS, Epi Info)
- Familiarity with USAID policies
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.