80 Boko Haram Commanders, Foot Soldiers, Others Surrender To Soldiers In Borno

surrendered-suspectsEighty members of the Boko Haram sect have surrendered to the troops of the Nigerian Army in Borno State.
The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, said on Thursday that those who surrendered, included Boko Haram commanders, foot soldiers and suppliers of logistics.
The Army spokesman said in a statement that those who surrendered had been confirmed to have participated in several attacks in Bama, Borno State.
He said, “In a landmark event today, 80 Boko Haram terrorists have surrendered en masse to troops of Operation Lafiya Dole, in Bama, Borno State.
“The terrorists, among whom were commanders, suppliers and foot soldiers, confirmed to have partaken in several terrorist attacks, especially on Bama town, Borno State, surrendered as a result of the intense heat and continuous offensive action embarked upon by troops”.
Usman said that the only option available to the insurgents was to surrender as the Army, the Nigerian Air Force and other security agencies were committed to the actualisation of the presidential deadline to the military to end the insurgency in three months.
He advised other suspected terrorists to “also surrender or face total elimination”.

1 Comment

  • All this Surrendered Boko haram, where do the military normally keep them, or rather what is the government doing for them or going to do for them, Is it just to surrender, what next…………………………..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *